PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating after a male was shot in the face in the Frankford section of the city early Saturday morning.
Officers responded to the 5100 block of Valley Street for a report of gunshots around 1:53 a.m.
Upon arrival, police were met by two males who said they were walking down Pratt Street when they heard gunshots. Once the men reached Pratt and Valley Streets they saw a male walking towards them bleeding from his face.
The victim told them, “Call the cops, I’ve been shot.”
The men called police, but before officers arrived the victim was taken to Aria Hospital by a private vehicle.
At the hospital the victim told officers he was standing outside on the 5100 block of Valley Street when three black males approached him. He got into his red Honda Civic and one of the men fired two gunshots at his face.
The male suffered an entry and exit wound to his face, lost one tooth and received nine stitches.
An investigation is ongoing.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Viral Video Leads To Fast Food Restaurant Closing, Some Employees Out Of The Job
- Bryan Cranston, Kevin Hart To Film Movie In Philly
- Crews Battle Fire At Senior Living Center In Camden County
- 1 Dead After Fire Rips Through Chester County Home
- Hundreds Pack Hearing Regarding Discrimination In Philadelphia’s LGBT Community