Police: Female Rushed To Hospital After Propane Tank Explodes In RV
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A woman was rushed to the hospital after a propane tank exploded in an RV just after 10 a.m in the Oxford Circle section of the city.
Police say a 36-year-old female was cooking inside a moving RV on E. Cheltenham Avenue and Oakland Street when the propane tank exploded.
Medics rushed the woman to Temple Hospital with burns on both her legs and hands. She is currently listed in critical condition.
A five-year-old boy suffered minor scrapes on his legs, but he was not taken to the hospital.
The fire has been extinguished and police say it is no longer a threat.
Stay with CBSPhilly.com for the latest on this developing story…
You may also be interested in these stories:
- US Education Secretary Visits Philadelphia, Touting Summer Jobs For Youth
- New N.J. State Police ‘Ghost’ Cruisers Drawing Ire and Praise
- For Bird Banders Atop Philadelphia City Hall, Swooping Talons Are Just Part of the Job
- Lower Bail Rejected as Accused Driver Waives Hearing in North Phila. Hit-Run
- Atlantic City Mayor Hopes New Federal Program Will Brighten Prospects for Unemployed