Police: Female Rushed To Hospital After Propane Tank Explodes In RV
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A woman was rushed to the hospital after a propane tank exploded in an RV just after 10 a.m in the Oxford Circle section of the city.
Police say a 36-year-old female was cooking inside a moving RV on E. Cheltenham Avenue and Oakland Street when the propane tank exploded.
Medics rushed the woman to Temple Hospital with burns on both her legs and hands. She is currently listed in critical condition.
A five-year-old boy suffered minor scrapes on his legs, but he was not taken to the hospital.
The fire has been extinguished and police say it is no longer a threat.
Stay with CBSPhilly.com for the latest on this developing story…
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Councilwoman Says New Deal Will Replace Proposed Ban on Cash-For-Cellphone Kiosks
- CBS Agrees to Buy Philadelphia Radio Stations 92XTU and Wired 96.5
- ‘Real Housewives’ Couple Face Sentencing For Fraud
- CBS Radio To Grow Major Market Presence In Philadelphia And Miami Through Swap With Beasley Broadcast Group
- Amtrak Warns Eventual Shutdown of NJ-to-NYC Tunnels Will Be Needed