Police: Female Rushed To Hospital After Propane Tank Explodes In RV
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A woman was rushed to the hospital after a propane tank exploded in an RV just after 10 a.m in the Oxford Circle section of the city.
Police say a 36-year-old female was cooking inside a moving RV on E. Cheltenham Avenue and Oakland Street when the propane tank exploded.
Medics rushed the woman to Temple Hospital with burns on both her legs and hands. She is currently listed in critical condition.
A five-year-old boy suffered minor scrapes on his legs, but he was not taken to the hospital.
The fire has been extinguished and police say it is no longer a threat.
Stay with CBSPhilly.com for the latest on this developing story…
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Guilty Pleas In Ironworkers Federal Racketeering Case
- UPDATE: SB Right Lane Of NE Extension At Quakertown Expected To Stay Closed Until 2pm
- The Long Process Of Restoring The Historic Mt. Moriah Cemetery
- Medical Emergency Forces Philly-Bound Plane To Land In London
- Uber Rolls Out Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles