“Philly Kids Got Talent” Takes Over Cherry Hill Mall
By Mike Dougherty
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Agents for Wilhelmina Philadelphia are looking for a star to perform on a show set to air in 2015. “Philly Kids Got Talent” took over the Cherry Hill Mall Saturday.
This is the first leg in a series of auditions. Dozens of people came to watch these young performers put on a show.
Bella Collacchio, a 12-year-old girl from Langhorne, Pa. brought along her guitar and played an original song titled “See My Face.”
“It’s about my recovery from brain surgery and kind of just finding the courage to go on and keeping your head up. There’s always some piece of music that just decribe how you’re feeling.”
The performance stirred up some emotions in Bella’s mother, Cara.
“It brings tears to my eyes every time I see her doing something a normal kid would because for the past three years she’s been so debilitated.”
There is another open casting call August 9th at Willow Grove Park.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Bomb Squad Responds To World War II-Era Marking Round In Cape May County
- California Chrome Arrives At Parx Racing For Saturday’s Pennsylvania Derby
- Police Release Video Of Suspects Wanted In Alleged Hate Crime In Rittenhouse
- Brotherly Love: Bringing A Church Basement Back To Life
- EXCLUSIVE: Family Speaks Out After Girl Escapes Alleged Abduction In Delaware County