By Mike Dougherty
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Agents for Wilhelmina Philadelphia are looking for a star to perform on a show set to air in 2015. “Philly Kids Got Talent” took over the Cherry Hill Mall Saturday.
This is the first leg in a series of auditions. Dozens of people came to watch these young performers put on a show.
Bella Collacchio, a 12-year-old girl from Langhorne, Pa. brought along her guitar and played an original song titled “See My Face.”
“It’s about my recovery from brain surgery and kind of just finding the courage to go on and keeping your head up. There’s always some piece of music that just decribe how you’re feeling.”
The performance stirred up some emotions in Bella’s mother, Cara.
“It brings tears to my eyes every time I see her doing something a normal kid would because for the past three years she’s been so debilitated.”
There is another open casting call August 9th at Willow Grove Park.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Judge: Cosby Jury Can Hear About Quaaludes, Not Spanish Fly
- State Reports Finds New Jersey Teens Should Start School Later
- Man, 72, Pleads Guilty To Murder In Dispute That Started Over Toys For Tots
- Being Fired Hurts More, Has Longer Recovery Time Than Break Up, Study Finds
- Crowds Descend For NFL Draft During Worst Time For City Streets