Delco DA: 2 More Guns Found At Home Of Alleged Wellness Center Shooter
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Authorities have found two more guns at the home of a man suspected of killing his caseworker and grazing his psychiatrist before the doctor pulled out his own weapon and fired back.
Officials say 49-year-old Richard Plotts remained sedated Saturday, two days after he was shot at a suburban Philadelphia hospital complex.
Delaware County officials say Plotts remains under guard and won’t be arraigned on murder charges until he awakens.
District Attorney Jack Whelan says two guns and a computer were seized from Plotts’ home in Clifton Heights.
Authorities say Plotts was ranting about Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital’s gun ban during an appointment when he drew a gun from his waistband and shot his caseworker.
They say psychiatrist Lee Silverman pulled out a gun and fired back, striking Plotts several times.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- New Law In Delaware Adds Electronic Smoking Devices To Indoor Smoking Ban
- I-Team Investigates: “Passing The Trash;” How Some Pedophiles Move From One Classroom To Another
- Community Paint Day Held At CHOP For Mural Honoring Visit Of Pope Francis
- Former DA Explains Why He Declined To Bring Charges Against Cosby In The Past
- Arbitrator Rules School District Disregarded Seniority When Rehiring Laid-Off Counselors