Delco DA: 2 More Guns Found At Home Of Alleged Wellness Center Shooter
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Authorities have found two more guns at the home of a man suspected of killing his caseworker and grazing his psychiatrist before the doctor pulled out his own weapon and fired back.
Officials say 49-year-old Richard Plotts remained sedated Saturday, two days after he was shot at a suburban Philadelphia hospital complex.
Delaware County officials say Plotts remains under guard and won’t be arraigned on murder charges until he awakens.
District Attorney Jack Whelan says two guns and a computer were seized from Plotts’ home in Clifton Heights.
Authorities say Plotts was ranting about Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital’s gun ban during an appointment when he drew a gun from his waistband and shot his caseworker.
They say psychiatrist Lee Silverman pulled out a gun and fired back, striking Plotts several times.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Firefighters Battle 4-Alarm Blaze At Sheet Metal Plant In Upper Moreland
- Veterans Affairs Secretary Visits Wilmington VA Medical Center
- Cold Case Cracked, Killer Arrested, Say Camden County Cops
- Honoring Children’s Author Dr. Seuss, NFL Moms Read To Schoolchildren in Germantown
- New Jersey Ends Terrapin Harvest To Protect Turtle Population