PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Authorities have found two more guns at the home of a man suspected of killing his caseworker and grazing his psychiatrist before the doctor pulled out his own weapon and fired back.
Officials say 49-year-old Richard Plotts remained sedated Saturday, two days after he was shot at a suburban Philadelphia hospital complex.
Delaware County officials say Plotts remains under guard and won’t be arraigned on murder charges until he awakens.
District Attorney Jack Whelan says two guns and a computer were seized from Plotts’ home in Clifton Heights.
Authorities say Plotts was ranting about Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital’s gun ban during an appointment when he drew a gun from his waistband and shot his caseworker.
They say psychiatrist Lee Silverman pulled out a gun and fired back, striking Plotts several times.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- NB Northeast Extension Blocked Due To Accident Involving Multiple Tractor-Trailers
- DE Police Investigate Overturned Tractor Trailer Filled With Cows
- Police Search For Suspect Who Stole Car With Child Inside In Mayfair
- Toomey, McGinty Trade Attacks During Final Senate Debate
- Open Enrollment In Affordable Care Marketplace Will Bring Unpleasant Changes To Consumers