Camden Man Charged In Fatal Hit-And-Run Accident
CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a man charged in a fatal hit-and-run accident in Camden was driving with a suspended license.
Camden County prosecutors say bail was set at $85,000 for 61-year-old city resident Jose Sosa. He’s also charged with leaving the scene of a fatal collision and leaving an endangered victim.
The accident occurred July 19, when 39-year-old Alfredo Siguenza-Trejo was struck by a van on North 27th Street. The Camden resident died three day later at a hospital.
Sosa was taken into custody late Wednesday afternoon, when a Camden County police officer saw him driving a van that matched the description of the vehicle involved in the accident.
It wasn’t known Saturday if Sosa has retained an attorney.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Pennsylvania Ballet’s New Artistic Director Hopes For A Great Leap Forward
- 3 University Of Delaware Students Robbed Of Their Cell Phones At Gunpoint
- 15-Year-Old Girl Dead, Another Teen Injured In Olney Double Shooting
- SWAT Called After Detectives Hear Gunshot When Serving Arrest Warrant In South Jersey
- Nutter And Mayors Of Los Angeles, Houston Launch Mayors’ National Climate Action Agenda