CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a man charged in a fatal hit-and-run accident in Camden was driving with a suspended license.
Camden County prosecutors say bail was set at $85,000 for 61-year-old city resident Jose Sosa. He’s also charged with leaving the scene of a fatal collision and leaving an endangered victim.
The accident occurred July 19, when 39-year-old Alfredo Siguenza-Trejo was struck by a van on North 27th Street. The Camden resident died three day later at a hospital.
Sosa was taken into custody late Wednesday afternoon, when a Camden County police officer saw him driving a van that matched the description of the vehicle involved in the accident.
It wasn’t known Saturday if Sosa has retained an attorney.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Other Stories:
- FCC Chairman Frames His Plan For Internet As Boon For Privacy
- Philly Officer Charged In Off-Duty Crash That Killed Pedestrian
- World’s Last Male Northern White Rhino Looking For Mate On Tinder
- Crews Scramble To Finish Setting Up For NFL Draft
- ‘I Can’t Shake That’: Witnesses Describe Delaware State Trooper Being Fatally Shot