Camden Man Charged In Fatal Hit-And-Run Accident
CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a man charged in a fatal hit-and-run accident in Camden was driving with a suspended license.
Camden County prosecutors say bail was set at $85,000 for 61-year-old city resident Jose Sosa. He’s also charged with leaving the scene of a fatal collision and leaving an endangered victim.
The accident occurred July 19, when 39-year-old Alfredo Siguenza-Trejo was struck by a van on North 27th Street. The Camden resident died three day later at a hospital.
Sosa was taken into custody late Wednesday afternoon, when a Camden County police officer saw him driving a van that matched the description of the vehicle involved in the accident.
It wasn’t known Saturday if Sosa has retained an attorney.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Penn Professor Sees Obamacare At Risk If Opponents Prevail in U.S. Supreme Court
- Mayor Nutter’s Next City Budget Will Include 9% Property Tax Hike
- Guilty Plea Expected From Parx Jockey After Bizarre Behavior Results In His Being Shot
- Montco Daycare, Shut Down For Violations, Absolved in Death of Infant Last January
- A March Snowstorm Before Warmer Air Moves In