PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A new study done by Emory Sports Marketing Analytics shows the Sixers have the second most sensitive to wins fan-base and second most sensitive to price fan base, in the NBA. “Sensitive to wins” can also be described as bandwagoners.
“We are starting to feel very sorry for 76ers management,” the article wrote. “Philadelphia’s basketball fans are the most demanding in terms of winning, but the least willing to pay. Quite the dilemma!”
The study looked at the last 14 years of data to develop their conclusion of how “different fan bases respond to variations in winning.”
The top-five win sensitive fan bases in the NBA, according to Emory Sports Marketing Analytics:
- Detroit Pistons
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Indiana Pacers
- Portland Trailblazers
- Sacramento Kings
The Sixers ranked 23rd in the fan equity study, which measures what fans are willing to spend after controlling team performance and market potential.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- 76ers Projected To Finish As Worst Team In East, Again
- Pederson: Dorial Green-Beckham To Run With 1’s
- Nick Faldo On The Barclays: Bethpage Black ‘A Beautiful Golf Course’
- Phillies To Attend Tim Tebow’s Workout, Per Report
- Philly Soccer Blog: Delco Native Auston Trusty Talks About Being Part Of Philadelphia Union