Sign Installation To Close I-476 SB Sunday Between Lansdale And Mid-County
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A 13-mile stretch of the Northeastern Extension (I-476) will be closed southbound for six hours Sunday, the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission said.
I-476 southbound will be closed between the Lansdale (Exit #31) and Mid-County (Exit #20) interchanges.
At 12:01 a.m. Sunday, southbound traffic will be diverted off at the Lansdale Interchange. Turnpike officials say by 6 a.m. the detour will be lifted and the Northeastern Extension reopened to traffic.
Turnpike officials say the closure is necessary for the protection of motorists and workers during the installation of three permanent overhead sign structures to be located at milepost A20.6, A21.1 and A22.3 in Montgomery County.
Turnpike officials offer the following detours:
• Traveling southbound on I-476 — Exit at Lansdale Interchange (#31). Turn left onto Sumneytown Pike. At the second light, turn left onto Forty Foot Road (State Route 63-east). Travel 1.5 miles and turn right onto Welsh Road (State Route 63-east) to U.S. Route 309-south to reenter the Turnpike at the Fort Washington Interchange. Travel east on the Pa. Turnpike (I-276) to get to Philadelphia and New Jersey. Travel west on the Pa. Turnpike (I-276) to get to Harrisburg and points west. Motorists bound for I-476 south (Blue Route) to I-76 and I-95 should also follow the Turnpike westbound from Fort Washington, exiting the Turnpike at the Mid-County Interchange (Exit #20) to continue southbound on I-476.
Northbound I-476 will remain open to motorists traveling from the east/west Turnpike mainline or the Mid-County Interchange.
Pennsylvania State Police and Turnpike personnel will be positioned at the Lansdale Interchange to assist motorists.
In case of inclement weather, the closure will be rescheduled on Sunday, August 10 with times and detours still applicable.
For the latest traffic information, click here.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Upcoming Puerto Rican Day Festivities Prompt Warning From Philadelphia Police
- Corbett, Wolf Prepare For First Debate In Pa. Governor’s Race
- Road Work Closes Ramp From Spring Garden Street To WB Schuylkill Expressway
- State House Set To Vote On Cigarette Tax To Fund Philly Schools
- Three Shot, Wounded During Cookout In Kingsessing