By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- Congressman Denies Misconduct Claim; Ethics Probe May Follow
- Protesters Burn American Flag While Marching In Center City
- New Jersey’s New First Lady Says She Was Victim Of Sexual Violence
- Police: South Jersey Man Charged With Possessing, Distributing Child Porn
- Singer Ed Sheeran Is Engaged
- Governors Wagering Sweet Treats Of NFC Championship Game
- Naked Man Strolls Along I-95, Tosses Debris At Vehicles
- Lawmakers Scramble For A Deal Amid Shutdown-DACA ‘Chaos’
- Philly Zoo Makes Earth Friendly Bet With Zoos In Minnesota
- Spirit Airlines Adds Non-Stop Flight From New Orleans To Atlantic City