By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- Black Friday Madness A Game For Some
- Liver Transplant Recipient Shown Comfort At The Gift Of Life House Pays It Forward For Thanksgiving
- PPA Offers Free And Discounted Parking For Philadelphia Shoppers During Holiday Season
- Airlines Hoping To Woo Customers Invest In More Entertainment Options
- Uber Offers Breathalyzer Kiosk, Free Rides In Manayunk On Thanksgiving Eve
- Christmas Village Gears Up For Opening Weekend
- Activists March On Broad Street In Solidarity For Black Lives Matter Protesters
- Lansdale Tree Planted Just Before 9/11 Makes Its Way To The White House
- Thanksgiving Travel Ebbs And Flows At Airport
- Number Of Juveniles Charged With Murder Spikes In Philadelphia