Mayor Nutter Jets to France For Economic Development Talks
By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- Accident Involving Tractor Trailer On I-476 In Delaware County
- Famous Chef And Author Praises “Camden” Cheesesteak
- Police: Baby Found In Duffel Bag In West Philadelphia
- Sources: Person Of Interest Being Questioned In South Philadelphia Sexual Assault
- Police Issue Warning For Women Jogging And Walking Alone
- Pa. Gov. Tom Wolf Talks Education Funding In Philadelphia
- Top Vatican Official, Archbishop Paglia, Reportedly Under Investigation
- Small Plane Forced To Make Emergency Landing At Airport In Bucks County
- Philadelphia Students Experience Grand Jury Process In Unusual Civics Lesson
- Patrols Up Around Radnor Jogging Trail After Man Exposed Himself