By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- Father, Daughter Share Special Bond Over Life-Saving Transplant
- Mother Plans To Sue Saudi Arabia After Losing Son On 9/11
- 6-Year-Old, Caught In Hail Of Gunfire, Back Home With Family
- Battle Over Revolutionary War-Era Building Could Go To D.C.
- President Obama Says He Respects Colin Kaepernick’s Rights In Anthem Protest
- Police Shoot, Kill Man Believed To Have Stabbed Children In Violent Rampage
- Future Of Cable And Internet? In Philly This Week, It’s Right Around The Corner
- Group Of Breast Cancer Survivors Pens Book To Empower Others
- App Promises To Help You Find The Perfect Sperm Donor
- Study: Racial Bias Might Start As Early As Preschool