By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- Anti-Clinton Protesters Converging On Democratic National Convention
- Several Swing State Democrats Skipping Philly
- As Democratic Convention Nears, Excessive Heat Settles In
- Philadelphia Firefighter Dies While On Duty
- Security Closures Begin With DNC On Monday
- Villanova University Professor Looks Back As We Look Ahead To November
- Philadelphia Is A ‘No Drone Zone’ During DNC
- A Special Day For Kids During DNC
- Brief Thunderstorm Leaves Thousands In The Dark
- Local Leaders Expected To Speak During DNC… Briefly