By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- Italy Earthquake: Buildings Collapse In Town Of Amatrice
- DE Baby’s First Shoes A Gift From USA Basketball Star Elena Delle Donne
- How A Longer Commute Can Add To Your Waistline
- After Report, VP Nominee Pence Calls For Shut Down Of Clinton Foundation
- One Local Group Works To Help Patients Fight A Rare Zika Related Syndrome
- American Heart Association Now Recommending Less Sugar For Kids
- 1st Child To Undergo Historic Double-Hand Transplant Returns To CHOP After Remarkable Recovery
- Bell Biv DeVoe, En Vogue To Highlight Free Upcoming Concert On AC’s Beach
- Family ‘Heartbroken’ After Phila. City Employee Shot, Killed Outside Parent’s Home
- Mike Pence Stops And Gets A Quick Trim In Norristown