By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- Woman Sentenced For Slashing Tires On City Owned Vehicles
- Yuengling Goes For Trump
- Police Searching For 2 Men After Shooting In Delco
- Starbucks Brings Limited Time ‘Frappula’ Drink Back For Halloween
- Judge Approves ‘Historic’ $265M Settlement In 2015 Amtrak Derailment
- Woman Charged After Man With Maggot-Filled Foot Wounds Dies
- 4 Thieves Steal Nearly 200 Pumpkins From New Jersey Farm
- Twitter To Lay Off 9% Of Staff
- Man Dead After Firing Shots At Funeral In Bucks County
- Woman Killed, Man Injured In NE Philadelphia Shooting