By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- ‘It Was Pandemonium’: Resident Recounts Rescue From West Chester Senior Home Fire
- Race Weekend Kicks Off With Philadelphia Half-Marathon
- Food Bank Of South Jersey Holds Annual Turkey Drop
- Police Officer Killed In Pennsylvania, Gunman At Large
- 3 Cheers: Hero Neighbors Help Save Lives During West Chester Inferno
- WINTER OUTLOOK: How Much Snow Will Fall This Season?
- Man Charged With Sexually Assaulting Boy He Met On ‘Grindr’ App
- Officer Saves Life Of Hockey Player Suffering From Heart Attack On Ice
- Lehigh Valley Farm Providing White House With Thanksgiving Turkeys For Nearly 60 Years
- Police Station, Vehicles On South Street Vandalized Overnight