By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia Dead At 79
- Officers And Family Honor And Celebrate Life Of Fallen Officer
- In Frigid Temps, Camden Police Officers Go Door-To-Door Checking In On Residents
- Multiple Fatalities Reported In Big I-78 Pileup
- South Jersey Man Who Shot Down Drone Pleads Guilty To Criminal Mischief
- Crews Battle Huge Fire At Auto Body Shop In Northeast Philadelphia; Firefighter Injured
- AAA Mid-Atlantic: New Jersey Gas Prices Still Falling
- SEPTA Prepared To Deal With Any Problems Caused By Extreme Cold
- Deep Uncertainty As Republicans Debate In South Carolina
- New Research Shows Being Tased Can Cause Temporary Brain Damage