By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- Barnes & Noble To Host Harry Potter Holiday Ball
- Sharing The Road: How Cyclists & Drivers Can Learn To Get Along
- How To Handle Unwanted Gifts, Unique Ideas For Those Tough To Shop For
- Police Make Arrest Following ATM Robbery In Cherry Hill
- PA Target Hosting Sensory Friendly Shopping Hours For Those With Autism
- Hatchimals To Hit Target Stores This Weekend, According To Company Blog
- VP Joe Biden: ‘I Have No Intention Of Running’ In 2020
- Pit Bull Attack Leaves Boy Hospitalized In Wilmington
- Philadelphia Gets Its First Vertical Neighborhood
- US Citizenship Surges Following Trump’s Election