Mayor Nutter Jets to France For Economic Development Talks
By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- Northern Liberties Hosts 7th Annual 2nd Street Festival
- Wolf Plans To ‘Soon’ Unveil New Choice To Head State Police
- Man Goes Overboard, Spends 4 Hours In Water Before Rescue
- Pedestrian Struck, Critically Injured By Car In Roxborough
- Hotel Rooms Still Available For Pope’s Visit To Philadelphia
- PA: Month #2 With No Budget And No Sign Of Deal
- Hamels Takes Out Ad In Sunday Paper Thanking Phillies Fans
- SEPTA Papal Passes Set To Go On Sale Via Online Lottery
- ‘Dark Money’ Disclosure Rules Now The Law In Philadelphia
- Dozens Of Child Support Offenders Arrested In Burlington County