Mayor Nutter Jets to France For Economic Development Talks
By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- Del. Man Arrested For 2 Violent Crimes, Including Alleged Assault On Elderly Woman
- Student Charged With Biting Teacher At School In South Jersey
- Teen Driver Killed In Freak Accident Along I-295 In Mt. Laurel
- Students At Montgomery County High School Plan Walkout After Nude Photos Reportedly Released Online
- Online Retailer Offering Customers Help Around The House
- Pa. Burglar Steals More Than 100 Candy Bars
- Study: Young People Are Skipping Lunch
- Man Accused Of ‘Peeping Tom’ Incident At Montgomery County Target
- Weather: Temperatures To Climb Before Weekend Cool Down
- Volunteers From Business And Community Groups Preparing For Pope’s Visit, World Meeting Of Families