By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- Vigil Is Held In Frankford After Couple Is Fatally Shot
- PA Senate To Return This Week After House Strikes Out In Budget Effort
- Major Set Back For Project HOME Has LGBTQ Housing Project On The Ropes
- Global Community Of Women Business Owners Land In Philadelphia
- Child Struck By Stray Bullet In Delaware County, Per Sources
- FDA Warns Your Morning Juice Could Be Affecting Your Medication
- NJ Cleared Of Responsibility In Death Of Woman In Hurricane Irene
- School District Introduces New Method Of Identifying Gifted Students
- New Jersey Senator Looks Into Overdraft Protection, Whether Banks Are Abusing It
- Arrest Made In Ocean City Murder Investigation