By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- Construction On Temple University’s New Library Ramping Up
- Rain Washes Up Busy Weekend At Beach
- Tumult Continues In Pa Attorney General’s Office
- Tension Between Development And Preservation In Fishtown Project
- Beautiful Holiday Weekend Turns Ugly For Drivers Returning From Shore
- Local LBGT Law Enforcement Group Rejects Honor In Gay Community, Just Weeks Before Philly Pride Parade
- New U.S. Citizens Sworn In On Battleship New Jersey
- Dog Shot After Child Bitten
- Families And Veterans Spend Memorial Day At Beverly National Cemetery
- Keep Quiet: Is Facebook Listening?