By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- Study: Stomach Bacteria May Affect Success Of Weight Loss
- 149 Killed As 7.1 Magnitude Quake Fells Buildings In Mexico
- Police: Woman Robs Man Of Pizza During Assault In Atlantic City
- NTSB Issues Preliminary Report Following 69th Street Terminal Crash
- White Supremacist Fliers Found Posted At Two Area Colleges
- Rowan U Drinking Water Cleared Of Dangerous Lead Levels Thanks To Filters
- Camden Makes Pitch To Host Amazon’s New Headquarters
- Jose Weakens To Tropical Storm, Dangerous Surf Will Continue For Several Days
- Obama To Campaign For Democrat In Race To Succeed Christie
- City’s Commission On Women Sets Sights On Equal Pay With New Report