By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- WEATHER BLOG: Sun Returns But Threat of Heavy Rain On The Way
- Police Continue To Look For Killer In Maple Shade Double Murder
- Restaurateur Tony Luke’s Son Dead At 35
- Officer Struck By Vehicle, Gun Fires Following Altercation In Philly: Police
- Temple University Renames Communication School To Honor Lew Klein
- 2 Cash Drawers, Donation Jar Stolen From Hatfield Pizzeria: Police
- 12 Killed, 3 Injured In Texas Church Van-Truck Crash
- Police Arrest 14-Year-Old After Rock Thrown Through Synagogue’s Window
- Therapy Chickens? Backyard Hen Brings Comfort To Many In Philly Area
- Camden Mayor Dana Redd Moving On After Two Terms