By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- 2nd Market Ticket Prices Skyrocket, World Reacts To Closure Of Ringling Bros. Circus
- Weather: Rain To Impact Inauguration Day As January Thaw Continues
- Police: SUV Crashes Into Delaware Elementary School
- Investigators Continue To Search For Clues In Northern Liberties Murder Mystery
- Fans Voices Heard At People’s Choice Awards 2017
- US Supreme Court Delays Decision On NJ Sports Betting Appeal
- A Surprise Addition To Center City District Restaurant Week
- Uber Has New Tool To Help Combat Missed Connections
- Musicians Rally To Help Philly Superstar Trombonist Jeff Bradshaw
- Police: Armed Robbers Steal Thousands In Merchandise From Manayunk Consignment Shop