By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- Get A Free Burger On National Hamburger Day
- Woman Stops Car Thief: ‘I’m Not Dealing With This Sort Of Crap Today!’
- Thousands Flock To Jersey Shore For Memorial Day Weekend
- Penn State Alum Sets Daytime Plinko Record On The Price Is Right
- Officials In Texas Apologize After Student Receives Terrorist Award
- Montana Elects Candidate Who Allegedly Assaulted Reporter
- More Than 30 Injured In Bus, Tractor-Trailer Crash On NJ Turnpike
- Gianforte Wins US House Race Day After Charged With Assault
- Man Accused Of Punching Man With Cerebral Palsy Wanted For Probation Violation
- Victim Who Lost Legs In Center City Building Collapse Awarded $95.6M