Mayor Nutter Jets to France For Economic Development Talks
By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- The Free Library Of Philadelphia To Host Block Party This Weekend
- Montgomery County Will Foot The Bill In Failed Movie Studio Project Lawsuit
- Reading Terminal Market To Expand Onto Filbert Street Every Saturday In October
- Camco Town Gets Its Own SVU
- El Faro Shipbuilder Talks To Eyewitness News
- Police: Man Stabbed More Than 20 Times In Southwest Philadelphia
- Authorities Seek Vehicle In Probe Of Woman Found In Hamilton Township Park
- Measure To Prevent Wage Theft Introduced To Phila. City Council
- Look Up! Draconid Meteor Shower Tonight
- Women Against Abuse Kick Off Annual iPledge Campaign, Launch New Initiatives