Mayor Nutter Jets to France For Economic Development Talks
By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- Dredging Work Due To Resume Later This Month In Ocean City
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Tolls Rising 6% in January
- Hacker Attacks NJ Gambling Websites, Demands Bitcoin Ransom
- Social Media Today: Verified Profiles, New #HBD Feature, Hi-Res Pics
- Phila. Fire Dept. and Red Cross Supplying Free Smoke Alarms To Needy Homes
- Sen. Toomey Presses For Stricter Background Checks on School Employees
- Lawsuit Filed in Death of Pedestrian Run Over By Duck Boat in Chinatown
- Montco DA Says Statute of Limitations Prevents New Prosecution of Bill Cosby
- Conn. Man Brings Walk Against Standardized School Tests Through Delaware Valley
- Pennsylvania Court Rules Police Videos Can Be Public Records