Mayor Nutter Jets to France For Economic Development Talks
By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- Lynne Abraham Plans To Run For Mayor of Philadelphia in 2015
- Enterovirus Case Confirmed In New Jersey
- Study: Standing Desks Could Help Cut Childhood Obesity Rates
- Butkovitz Says City’s 311 Call Center Operates Around the Clock, Only For Some
- Catering Truck Catches Fire On Tarmac At Philadelphia International Airport
- 8-Year-Old Girl Dies After High-Rise Building Fall In West Philadelphia
- Camden, NJ Group Gets Big Boost on National TV Show
- Report: Philadelphia Is Facing A Doctor Shortage
- Pennsylvania State Trooper Involved In Crash In Delaware County
- ACLU Presses Photo-Blocking Case Against Philadelphia Cops