By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- Dream Job: Harley-Davidson Will Give Interns Free Motorcycles
- 12-Year-Old Boy Steals Mom’s Credit Card, Flies To Bali After Argument
- New Study Says Probiotics Are Good For Liver
- Puppy Born Deaf Learning Sign Language; Seeking Forever Home
- Cosby Defense Blocked From Using Deposition
- Man Shot, Killed In Nicetown
- Tornadoes: Tips For Safety And Ways To Teach Kids About Them
- Britain’s Duchess Of Cambridge Gives Birth To Baby Boy
- Police: Boy Riding Mini Bike With Father Struck, Killed By Suspected DUI Driver
- Vigil Held For Woman Who Died In Southwest Airlines Accident