Mayor Nutter Jets to France For Economic Development Talks
By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- Vietnam War Fighter Jet Now On Display In Montgomery County
- Shields Leads Padres Past Phillies 9-4
- Off-Duty Philadelphia Police Officer Killed In Hit & Run Identified
- Local Boy Chases Donations For Friend’s Sister With Cancer
- West Philly Man Shot Multiple Times After Answering Knock On Door
- Authorities: Man Robbed 3 Banks In 3 Days In NJ Town
- 2 Hurt When Stolen Car Overturns On NJ Turnpike
- Fire Forces Evacuations At Northeast Philly Apartments
- Thousands Complete 10K Run With Philly Flare
- Philadelphia Police Find Missing 5-Year-Old, Babysitter, Mom