Mayor Nutter Jets to France For Economic Development Talks
By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- Camden County Music Teacher Indicted On Sexual Assault Charges
- Ground Delays At Philadelphia International Holding Up Thanksgiving Air Travel
- Amtrak Expects 80,000 Travelers Through 30th Street Station On Holiday Weekend
- NJ Man Accused Of Calling Day Care, Threatening To Harm Children
- 2 Teens Shot In Hunting Accident In Northeastern Pa.
- Hamilton Township Officer Injured During Foot Pursuit
- Northampton County Woman Sentenced On Animal Cruelty Charges After More Than 100 Animals Seized From Property
- PennDOT Warns Against Travel On I-81 During Storm
- What’s Cooking on 1060: A French Rotisserie, Winterfest Popup Restaurants, and This Year’s Christmas Village
- Hiker In New Jersey Photographed Bear Before It Killed Him