By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- Kanye West Premieres ‘Famous’ Music Video With Naked Celebrity Look-Alikes
- Hero Officer Exchanges Gunfire With Suspect To Save Fellow Officer’s Life
- Mom Who “Gifted” Daughter Remains In Jail After Judge Denies Bail Reduction
- Sources: Wounded Delaware County Officer “Up And In Good Spirits”
- Firefighters Stolen Plaque Replaced In Re-Dedication Ceremony
- 2 Unions, NJ Transit Reach Tentative Deals On Rail Contracts
- Crews Rescue The Stranded In West Virginia Flooding; More Than 20 Dead
- 2 Dead, 2 Injured In Garden State Parkway Crash
- Local Author Writes New Book For Premature Babies
- NJ Police Seek Answers In 3-Year Long Mystery Of Suspicious Death