Mayor Nutter Jets to France For Economic Development Talks
By Mike Dunn
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Mayor Nutter is in France for the next six days for a trip that officials say is aimed at promoting French investment in Philadelphia. Joining him are his wife, Lisa, and six members of the local business community.
A statement put out by Nutter’s press office says the trip is meant to “promote cycling, commerce and investment in the City of Philadelphia.” In fact, among those along for the ride are sponsors and promoters of Philadelphia’s annual bike race.
The mayor and his wife, Lisa, will take a look at Paris’ public bicycle sharing system, one of the largest in the world.
And if you think a trip to Paris sounds exciting, the statement says the mayor will meet with his Parisian counterpart, Anne Hidalgo, to discuss ” climate change, urban sustainability, and other issues facing cities around the world.”
Taxpayers are footing the bill for the mayor’s airfare, but not his lodging or meals. The Nutters themselves are springing for Lisa Nutter’s airfare, lodging, and meals.
- ‘Christmas Vacation’ Prank On Garden State Parkway
- Former Rutgers Student Charged With Arson
- A Christmas Miracle! Two SEPTA Officers Deliver Baby Aboard Train
- Man Critical After Being Shot 3 Times In North Philly
- Over A Century Of Christmases For One Chester County Woman
- Volunteers Make Sure Veterans Have A Merry Christmas
- People Put Their Holiday On Hold To See ‘The Interview’ At Local Theater
- Local Family Helps Make Christmas Special For Families With Sick Children
- Shelter Animals Looking For A Home For The Holidays
- Potential Revel Casino Buyer Wants Discount