PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Philadelphia Eagles today announced they have excused safety Keelan Johnson from training camp for an undetermined amount of time as he tends to matters related to his arrest in Arizona last weekend. Johnson, who will still count on the team’s 90-man roster, met with head coach Chip Kelly on Thursday in Philadelphia. Since it is a pending legal matter, the team will have no further comment.
Johnson was arrested last Saturday for pushing a police officer investigating a bar brawl.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- It’s About Winning Now For The Sixers—And It Isn’t Happening Yet
- 76ers Fall To Celtics 102-92 In Home Opener
- Friday Football Frenzy: Garnet Valley Jaguars Head Football Coach Mike Ricci Preaches ‘Oneness’
- Keidel: Falcons-Patriots Super Bowl Rematch Not A Preview
- High School Football Top 10: La Salle-St. Joseph’s Prep Brace For Another Showdown