Domonic Brown Powers Phillies To 9-5 Victory
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Domonic Brown homered, doubled and drove in three runs to lead the Philadelphia Phillies to a 9-5 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday night.
Grady Sizemore had three hits, including the 1,000th of his career, with a double and an RBI for Philadelphia, which had a rare offensive outburst.
The Phillies, who entered 12th in the NL in runs, scored at least nine for the eighth time this season and improved to 10-0 when reaching eight runs.
Kyle Kendrick (5-10) allowed three runs and six hits in 5 2-3 innings. It was the first win for Kendrick in his eighth career start against the Diamondbacks, giving the right-hander a victory over every NL team.
Alfredo Marte hit his first career homer, a grand slam, and Aaron Hill had three hits for Arizona.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Sixers Top Celtics In Second Summer League Game
- Philly’s Sharrif Floyd Is Ready To Explode This Season For The Vikings
- Sixers Announce The Signing Of Jahlil Okafor
- Roy Halladay Gets Pulled Over Twice And Shares Pictures Of Both
- Todd Zolecki Believes Aaron Nola Will Be With Phillies ‘Before The End Of The Month’