PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Domonic Brown homered, doubled and drove in three runs to lead the Philadelphia Phillies to a 9-5 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday night.
Grady Sizemore had three hits, including the 1,000th of his career, with a double and an RBI for Philadelphia, which had a rare offensive outburst.
The Phillies, who entered 12th in the NL in runs, scored at least nine for the eighth time this season and improved to 10-0 when reaching eight runs.
Kyle Kendrick (5-10) allowed three runs and six hits in 5 2-3 innings. It was the first win for Kendrick in his eighth career start against the Diamondbacks, giving the right-hander a victory over every NL team.
Alfredo Marte hit his first career homer, a grand slam, and Aaron Hill had three hits for Arizona.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Covington, Saric Lead Sixers To 120-112 Win Over Wizards
- Keidel: Why Not A Mayweather-McGregor Fight?
- 5 Phillies Players To Watch This Spring Training
- Jameis Winston Tells Elementary Students ‘Ladies Are Supposed To Be Silent… Men Are Supposed To Be Strong’
- Colangelo: Ben Simmons Will Sit Out The Rest Of The Year