RISING SUN, Md. (AP) — Maryland State Police say a Delaware man held up a bank in Rising Sun while dressed as a woman.
Police charged 34-year-old Kent Buckson of Bear on Thursday with armed robbery of a National Penn Bank branch involving a theft of less than $10,000.
Buckson was in custody Friday and couldn’t’ be reached for comment.
Tellers told investigators the robber entered the bank Wednesday afternoon wearing a dress, a turtle-neck sweater and a wig. The suspect presented a note demanding cash and threatening to shoot the bank employees but didn’t display a gun.
Police say Buckson is suspected in four other bank robberies in Delaware and Pennsylvania committed by a culprit in women’s clothing. They say he also is suspected in heists at eight convenience stores in the three states.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in:
- State Police: Woman Hospitalized After Falls Out Of Vehicle Traveling Roughly 60 mph
- 13 Dead, More Than 100 Injured After Van Plows Into Crowd In Barcelona Terror Attack
- Dîner en Blanc Takes Over Popular Philadelphia Park, Makes History
- Florida Woman Accused Of Driving Intoxicated With Child Unrestrained In Backseat
- Motorcyclist Dies In Crash In Camden County