RISING SUN, Md. (AP) — Maryland State Police say a Delaware man held up a bank in Rising Sun while dressed as a woman.
Police charged 34-year-old Kent Buckson of Bear on Thursday with armed robbery of a National Penn Bank branch involving a theft of less than $10,000.
Buckson was in custody Friday and couldn’t’ be reached for comment.
Tellers told investigators the robber entered the bank Wednesday afternoon wearing a dress, a turtle-neck sweater and a wig. The suspect presented a note demanding cash and threatening to shoot the bank employees but didn’t display a gun.
Police say Buckson is suspected in four other bank robberies in Delaware and Pennsylvania committed by a culprit in women’s clothing. They say he also is suspected in heists at eight convenience stores in the three states.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in:
- Police Continue To Look For Killer In Maple Shade Double Murder
- Officer-Involved Shooting Leaves Philadelphia Man Dead In Delaware
- North Carolina Lawmakers Announce Deal To End HB2 Standoff
- Therapy Chickens? Backyard Hen Brings Comfort To Many In Philly Area
- WEATHER BLOG: Sun Returns But Threat of Heavy Rain On The Way