Sixers Sign Injured Guard Pierre Jackson
Buy 76ers Tickets
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Sixers have reportedly signed Pierre Jackson to a partially guaranteed deal. The Sixers acquired Jackson on draft night in a deal with the New Orleans Pelicans.
The team shipped rookie Russ Smith out of Louisville to the Pelicans in exchange for Jackson’s services. Jackson averaged 29.1 points per game last season in the NBA Developmental League, but was not called up to NBA action.
Jackson will not see his first bit of NBA playing time for some time following a Summer League injury. Jackson ruptured his Achilles on July 5th against the Orlando Magic. Despite the injury, the Sixers have decided to sign the 5’10 Baylor product to a one-year contract.
Jackson took the time to go on Instagram and express his extreme pleasure with the deal:
“Official. Lost for words! Can’t even begin to describe the feeling I have right now just knowing that I’m actually wanted to be apart of something that can be so special in the near future!! Out of my many reasons to get back right and back to killing on the court this just added another HUGE reason! All I got are tears of joy smh!” -PappyJackk
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Eagles Eliminated From Playoff Contention As Cowboys Top Colts 42-7
- Seven Hurt As Lightning Strikes After Buccaneers Packers Game
- Tom Coughlin Shows Support For NYPD Officers After Tragedy
- Eagles On Brink Of Elimination With December Collapse
- Jimmy Rollins’ Departure Marks End Of An Era In Philly Sports