PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Washington Redskins began training camp on Thursday, which means it was the first practice as a Redskin for former Eagles star wideout, DeSean Jackson. Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III, who looks to bounce back from somewhat of a down “sophomore” season, already sounds confident in the success he will have with his new teammate, saying him and Jackson will “make dynamic plays.”
Jackson, 27, is coming off the best season of his career (82 catches, 1,332 yards, and nine touchdowns) despite being released by the Eagles. Contrary to reports, Eagles coach Chip Kelly said Jackson was not a problem for him and the team simply decided to go in a different direction.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Flyers Eliminated From Playoffs After Losing Game 6
- Altherr Hits Walk-off Single In Extra Innings, Phillies Sweep Pirates
- Ukee Washington Inducted Into Delaware Afro-American Sports Hall Of Fame
- Phillies Improve To 8-1 At Home With 6-2 Win Over Pirates
- Sixers Top Heat 106-102, Simmons 1st Rookie To Record Playoff Triple-double Since Magic Johnson