PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Washington Redskins began training camp on Thursday, which means it was the first practice as a Redskin for former Eagles star wideout, DeSean Jackson. Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III, who looks to bounce back from somewhat of a down “sophomore” season, already sounds confident in the success he will have with his new teammate, saying him and Jackson will “make dynamic plays.”
Jackson, 27, is coming off the best season of his career (82 catches, 1,332 yards, and nine touchdowns) despite being released by the Eagles. Contrary to reports, Eagles coach Chip Kelly said Jackson was not a problem for him and the team simply decided to go in a different direction.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Braves Offense Comes Up Big As They Crush Phillies, 12-2
- NFL Picks Week 4: Vikings Remain Perfect While Jaguars Grab First Win
- CBS Sports’ Dan Fouts Talks Dolphins-Bengals On TNF, Bills-Pats Sunday
- On The Rise: Matthew Fitzpatrick And European Tour’s Next Generation
- 3-0 Eagles Now Have 10th Shortest Super Bowl Odds