PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Washington Redskins began training camp on Thursday, which means it was the first practice as a Redskin for former Eagles star wideout, DeSean Jackson. Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III, who looks to bounce back from somewhat of a down “sophomore” season, already sounds confident in the success he will have with his new teammate, saying him and Jackson will “make dynamic plays.”
Jackson, 27, is coming off the best season of his career (82 catches, 1,332 yards, and nine touchdowns) despite being released by the Eagles. Contrary to reports, Eagles coach Chip Kelly said Jackson was not a problem for him and the team simply decided to go in a different direction.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Covington Hits Big 3, Lifts Sixers To 93-92 Win Over Blazers
- Keidel: NFL Championships All About Offense
- 76ers Will Look To Stay Hot Tonight As They Welcome Portland Trail Blazers To Town
- Bryce Treggs Defends Donald Trump: ‘Why Wish The Worst?’
- Johnny Manziel Says He Hung Out With Joel Embiid All Summer