PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Washington Redskins began training camp on Thursday, which means it was the first practice as a Redskin for former Eagles star wideout, DeSean Jackson. Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III, who looks to bounce back from somewhat of a down “sophomore” season, already sounds confident in the success he will have with his new teammate, saying him and Jackson will “make dynamic plays.”
Jackson, 27, is coming off the best season of his career (82 catches, 1,332 yards, and nine touchdowns) despite being released by the Eagles. Contrary to reports, Eagles coach Chip Kelly said Jackson was not a problem for him and the team simply decided to go in a different direction.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Eagles Opponent Profile: Wentz-less Eagles Head North To Face Woeful Giants
- Week 15 NFL Picks: Patriots, Steelers Battle For The Top Of The AFC
- Joel Embiid Plays Career-High 39 Minutes In Overtime Win Vs. T-Wolves
- City Council Honors Eagles Safety Malcolm Jenkins For Work Off The Field
- Couturier Lifts Flyers Over Maple Leafs 4-2 For 4th Straight