CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) — The Camden County Prosecutor and Camden County Police announced a suspect has been charged in a hit and run that killed a man last weekend in Camden. (See Previous Story)
A Camden County Police Officer spotted a van matching the description of the vehicle that struck Siguenza-Trejo around 3:30 p.m. Wednesday in the area of 32nd Street and River Road in Camden. The officer stopped the vehicle and the suspect, identified as 61-year-old Jose Sosa,was transported to the Camden County Prosecutor’s Office where he was charged.
It is alleged Sosa was driving the vehicle that fatally struck Alfredo Siguenza-Trejo, 39, of Camden, on July 19.
The victim later died from his injuries on July 22 at Cooper Hospital.
Sosa has been charged with leaving the scene of a fatal collision, operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license and leaving an endangered victim.
Police say he was held at the Camden County Jail on $85,000 bail.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Battleship New Jersey Holds Service To Honor Lives Lost In Pearl Harbor Attack
- Philadelphia Police Officer Jesse Hartnett Receives Valor Award
- Twitter Users Believe Time Magazine Gave Donald Trump Devil Horns On Cover
- Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Stock Surges Nearly 10 Percent Since Trump Elected
- Record 607 Bears Killed In New Jersey’s Hunt