Arrest Made In Fatal Hit-And-Run In Camden
CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) – The Camden County Prosecutor and Camden County Police announced a suspect has been charged in a hit and run that killed a man last weekend in Camden. (See Previous Story)
A Camden County Police Officer spotted a van matching the description of the vehicle that struck Siguenza-Trejo around 3:30 p.m. Wednesday in the area of 32nd Street and River Road in Camden. The officer stopped the vehicle and the suspect, identified as 61-year-old Jose Sosa,was transported to the Camden County Prosecutor’s Office where he was charged.
It is alleged Sosa was driving the vehicle that fatally struck Alfredo Siguenza-Trejo, 39, of Camden, on July 19.
The victim later died from his injuries on July 22 at Cooper Hospital.
Sosa has been charged with leaving the scene of a fatal collision, operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license and leaving an endangered victim.
Police say he was held at the Camden County Jail on $85,000 bail.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Mistrial Declared For Governor’s Former Son-In-Law
- NJ Man Sentenced For Animal Cruelty In Connection With Beating Death Of Dog
- Pa. State Police Ask Residents In Price, Barrett Townships To Stay Inside Homes
- Some Businesses In Haddonfield, NJ Now Able To Sell Alcohol
- EXCLUSIVE: Philadelphia City Hall’s Illuminated Clock Tower Gets Modern Makeover