Report: Sixers Could Be Third Team In Potential Cavs, T-Wolves Deal
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — According to Sam Amico of FOX Sports Ohio, the Sixers may be interested in Cavaliers guard Dion Waiters. The speculation is that the Cavaliers and Timberwolves are in talks, as the Cavs are trying to acquire the T-Wolves star forward Kevin Love.
Amico’s report says there are “league-wide whispers” that the Sixers could be the third team involved in the deal, in pursuit of Waiters. Waiters, who played high school ball in Burlington, New Jersey, was born in Philadelphia. Last April, Waiters came to the 94WIP studios and talked about growing up in South Philly.
Waiters, 22, is averaging 15.3 points per game in 131 career NBA games. He was selected fourth overall by the Cavs in the 2012 NBA draft after playing two years at Syracuse University, including one season with current Sixers point-guard Michael Carter-Williams.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Cavaliers Sweep Hawks, LeBron James To Make Fifth Straight Finals Appearance
- Phillies Waste Comeback Effort, Fall To Mets In Extra Innings
- Mets Fans Go Too Far, Dress Phanatic In Mets Gear
- Jeremy Maclin Happy To Reunite With Andy Reid On The Field
- Sixers Announce Open Audition Details For Sixers Dancers