Police: Aggressive Driving Eyed In I-76 Crash That Injured 1 Driver
By Steve Beck
CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa. (CBS) — Police are investigating a crash that injured one person along a heavily-traveled Montgomery County road Wednesday morning.
Authorities say the crash occurred as a driver, identified by police as Joaquin Angles, pulled up directly behind a vehicle driven by Francis McIllhenny III and attempted to use his high beams in an aggressive manner to move traffic.
McIlhenny slowed down as a car merged onto J-76 from I-476, causing the Angles lose control and hit the left concrete barrier.
Angles then traveled to the right and hit the McIlhenny’s vehicle on the left side and traveled around it and hit it again on the right.
Angles’ vehicle traveled off of the highway and down an embankment hitting several trees and a lightpost before coming to a stop.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for minor injuries.
Police say traffic citations are pending against Angles.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Replica Of The Shroud Of Turin Goes On Public Exhibition In Philadelphia
- Health Officials Concerned As E-Cigarette Use Rises In Younger Generations
- Scam Involving People Pretending To Be With Sheriff’s Office Makes Its Way To Philadelphia
- Tiny Particles Are Big Business For Univ. City Company
- Month Long Celebration Of Black Writing Festival Kicks Off In Less Than A Week