PHILADELPHIA (AP/CBS) — Jonathan Papelbon blew his third save of the season leading to some free baseball on Tuesday night.
Brandon Crawford hit a bases-clearing double to break a 14th-inning stalemate and Tim Lincecum earned his first career save as the Giants beat the Phillies 9-6 on Tuesday night.
Crawford snapped a 2-for-22 skid with his two-out hit off the wall in left-center field and finished with four RBIs. Buster Posey, who doubled and scored in the 14th, sent the game into extras with a solo homer in the ninth off Papelbon.
George Kontos (3-0) earned the win for the second straight night. Lincecum, San Francisco’s ninth pitcher, got the final two for the save. Jeff Manship (1-2) surrendered four runs and lost.
The Giants (56-44) improved to 8-2 in extra-inning games and 6-0 on the road. The Phillies (43-57) fell to 6-7.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Eagles Tailgate Photo Leads To ‘Catching Kelce’ For Veronica Harwood
- Boomer Between The Games: Week 7 Preview With Bart Scott
- SPORTSRADIO 94WIP Announces New Midday Show Featuring Hosts Joe DeCamara And Jon Ritchie
- West Chester Hosts Cheyney For Homecoming
- Elton Brand Says He Will Retire After Preseason