ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania coroner has released the name of a man who died after jumping off a rope swing into a pond.
Police in Allentown in Lehigh County were called at about 5 p.m. Tuesday to the pond near the South Mountain Reservoir.
Witnesses said a man surfaced after jumping off the makeshift rope swing into the water, but they said he appeared to be having difficulty and went under again.
Coroner Scott Grim on Wednesday identified the man as 24-year-old Matthew Ruch of Allentown.
An autopsy is scheduled to determine the cause and manner of death.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Where’s The Best Place To Sit On A Plane To Avoid Getting Sick?
- Nonprofit Raising Money For 3D-Printed Home Community In El Salvador
- Police: Brother Fatally Shoots Sister, 13, After Fight Over Video Game Controller
- Is Secondhand Marijuana Smoke Dangerous? Biologist Says Yes
- Pay Phones Rake In Nearly $300 Million In Revenue