ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania coroner has released the name of a man who died after jumping off a rope swing into a pond.
Police in Allentown in Lehigh County were called at about 5 p.m. Tuesday to the pond near the South Mountain Reservoir.
Witnesses said a man surfaced after jumping off the makeshift rope swing into the water, but they said he appeared to be having difficulty and went under again.
Coroner Scott Grim on Wednesday identified the man as 24-year-old Matthew Ruch of Allentown.
An autopsy is scheduled to determine the cause and manner of death.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Authorities: Priest Catches Couple Having Sex At Church
- PSPCA Ride-Along Shows Front Line Of Fighting Against Animal Cruelty
- Caught On Camera: Cat Clings To Van Going 60 MPH
- Study: 1 In 4 People Have Yet To See Iconic Landmarks In Their Own City
- Gas Prices Are Highest In 4 Years Heading Into Memorial Day Weekend