Allentown Man Who Died After Jumping Into Pond Identified
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania coroner has released the name of a man who died after jumping off a rope swing into a pond.
Police in Allentown in Lehigh County were called at about 5 p.m. Tuesday to the pond near the South Mountain Reservoir.
Witnesses said a man surfaced after jumping off the makeshift rope swing into the water, but they said he appeared to be having difficulty and went under again.
Coroner Scott Grim on Wednesday identified the man as 24-year-old Matthew Ruch of Allentown.
An autopsy is scheduled to determine the cause and manner of death.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Northampton County Woman Sentenced On Animal Cruelty Charges After More Than 100 Animals Seized From Property
- Study: Cookie Monster A Role Model For Kids Learning Self-control?
- Average Thanksgiving Dinner In Philly Costs About $3 Less Than National Average
- Pa. Prison Guard In Training Charged With Having Sex With Inmate In Chapel
- Reading’s ‘Pathetic,’ ‘Ugly’ Holiday Tree To Stay Put