Allentown Man Who Died After Jumping Into Pond Identified
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania coroner has released the name of a man who died after jumping off a rope swing into a pond.
Police in Allentown in Lehigh County were called at about 5 p.m. Tuesday to the pond near the South Mountain Reservoir.
Witnesses said a man surfaced after jumping off the makeshift rope swing into the water, but they said he appeared to be having difficulty and went under again.
Coroner Scott Grim on Wednesday identified the man as 24-year-old Matthew Ruch of Allentown.
An autopsy is scheduled to determine the cause and manner of death.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Lower Merion Police Accused Of Racial Profiling After Stopping And Questioning Snow Shovelers
- Water Ice Oasis: Philadelphia-based Rita’s Expanding To The Middle East
- Study: Does Your Zip Code Affect How Much You Pay For Car Insurance?
- Philadelphia Ranked Third Best City For Workers Without A College Degree
- PPA Says It Plans To Impound Lyft Cars Caught Carrying Passengers