Allentown Man Who Died After Jumping Into Pond Identified
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania coroner has released the name of a man who died after jumping off a rope swing into a pond.
Police in Allentown in Lehigh County were called at about 5 p.m. Tuesday to the pond near the South Mountain Reservoir.
Witnesses said a man surfaced after jumping off the makeshift rope swing into the water, but they said he appeared to be having difficulty and went under again.
Coroner Scott Grim on Wednesday identified the man as 24-year-old Matthew Ruch of Allentown.
An autopsy is scheduled to determine the cause and manner of death.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Oh, The Irony: Easter Egg Cookies Sold In Pa. Voluntarily Recalled For Containing Eggs
- Investigation Ongoing In Alleged Photo Scandal At Montgomery County High School
- Pa. Burglar Steals More Than 100 Candy Bars
- Swiped Painting Of Jesus Returned To Pa. Restaurant With Note Apologizing For ‘Drunken Mistake’
- Berks County Native Taylor Swift Tops Fortune’s List Of World’s Greatest Female Leaders