PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – According to Philadelphia Police, a six-week-old baby boy was found in a vehicle alone in the parking lot of a Walmart.
Police arrived to Franklin Mills Boulevard around 6:30 p.m. Monday evening after a witness reported a baby left unattended in a vehicle.
The mother arrived back at the scene before police were able to gain access.
The infant was evaluated by a medic and taken to St. Christopher’s before being released to his father.
The 35-year-old mother was transported to Special Victims Unit.
Police say at this time there are no charges pending further investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Camden Cops Look To Reunite Stolen Bicycles With Their Owners
- Investigators Seek Help In Solving 23-Year-Old Murder Of Bucks County Woman
- Police: Man Critically Injured After Being Shot Multiple Times In North Philly
- Trump, Pennsylvania GOP Call On State Court To Block Recount Bid
- Metallica Praises Young Philly Drummer