PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – According to Philadelphia Police, a six-week-old baby boy was found in a vehicle alone in the parking lot of a Walmart.
Police arrived to Franklin Mills Boulevard around 6:30 p.m. Monday evening after a witness reported a baby left unattended in a vehicle.
The mother arrived back at the scene before police were able to gain access.
The infant was evaluated by a medic and taken to St. Christopher’s before being released to his father.
The 35-year-old mother was transported to Special Victims Unit.
Police say at this time there are no charges pending further investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Deaths feared As Avalanche Buries Italian Hotel After Earthquakes
- Collapse of Tehran High-Rise On Fire Kills 30 Firefighters
- Home Invasion Suspect Assaults Woman, 91, Accidentally Leaves Cell Phone Behind
- Police: Armed Robbers Steal Thousands In Merchandise From Manayunk Consignment Shop
- 2nd Market Ticket Prices Skyrocket, World Reacts To Closure Of Ringling Bros. Circus