Police: 6-Week-Old Infant Left Unattended In Philly Walmart Parking Lot
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – According to Philadelphia Police, a six-week-old baby boy was found in a vehicle alone in the parking lot of a Walmart.
Police arrived to Franklin Mills Boulevard around 6:30 p.m. Monday evening after a witness reported a baby left unattended in a vehicle.
The mother arrived back at the scene before police were able to gain access.
The infant was evaluated by a medic and taken to St. Christopher’s before being released to his father.
The 35-year-old mother was transported to Special Victims Unit.
Police say at this time there are no charges pending further investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- While Crews Gear Up To Tackle Snowy Roads, PennDOT Reminds Drivers To Be Prepared And Flexible When Traveling
- 4-Year-Old Dead, 4 Injured In Feltonville Fire
- Philadelphia’s Archbishop Says He Knew of Pope Francis’ Planned Visit Early On
- 2 Million Could Turn Out For Pope In Philadelphia
- In Camden, NJ, Hometown Supermarket and Local Sports Hero Give Away Turkeys