Police: 6-Week-Old Infant Left Unattended In Philly Walmart Parking Lot
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – According to Philadelphia Police, a six-week-old baby boy was found in a vehicle alone in the parking lot of a Walmart.
Police arrived to Franklin Mills Boulevard around 6:30 p.m. Monday evening after a witness reported a baby left unattended in a vehicle.
The mother arrived back at the scene before police were able to gain access.
The infant was evaluated by a medic and taken to St. Christopher’s before being released to his father.
The 35-year-old mother was transported to Special Victims Unit.
Police say at this time there are no charges pending further investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Firefighter Injured, Dozens Displaced In West Philly Apartment Building Fire
- It’s ‘Barn’ Voyage For Buxco Nonprofit Dedicated To Preserving History
- Jewish Film Festival Kicking Off 34th Season
- Driver Killed, Another Trapped In Levittown Accident
- Lobbying Group For Casinos Shows Hand On How Pa. Should ‘Innovate’ Gaming Policy