PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – According to Philadelphia Police, a six-week-old baby boy was found in a vehicle alone in the parking lot of a Walmart.
Police arrived to Franklin Mills Boulevard around 6:30 p.m. Monday evening after a witness reported a baby left unattended in a vehicle.
The mother arrived back at the scene before police were able to gain access.
The infant was evaluated by a medic and taken to St. Christopher’s before being released to his father.
The 35-year-old mother was transported to Special Victims Unit.
Police say at this time there are no charges pending further investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- 19 Dead, At Least 50 Injured After Reported Explosion At Ariana Grande Concert In UK: Police
- One Of Last Two Tuskegee Airmen Honored For His Service
- Are Shore Towns Ready For Unofficial Start Of Summer?
- Police: Officer Injured, 3 Students Arrested After Fights Break Out Near Train Station
- Cafe Worker Fired Over Anti-Police Insults On Cop’s Receipt