PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – According to Philadelphia Police, a six-week-old baby boy was found in a vehicle alone in the parking lot of a Walmart.
Police arrived to Franklin Mills Boulevard around 6:30 p.m. Monday evening after a witness reported a baby left unattended in a vehicle.
The mother arrived back at the scene before police were able to gain access.
The infant was evaluated by a medic and taken to St. Christopher’s before being released to his father.
The 35-year-old mother was transported to Special Victims Unit.
Police say at this time there are no charges pending further investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Philadelphia Police: 1 Killed After Driver Allegedly Runs Red Light
- Federal Judge In Hawaii Extends Ruling Halting Travel Ban Indefinitely
- Authorities: Chester Man Charged In Violent Assault, Rape Of Several Women Over 3 Years
- Search Underway For Long-Serving Federal Judge In Pennsylvania
- Sources: Man Killed In Police-Involved Shooting Believed To Be Same Man Who Ran Down Philly Cop