PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – According to Philadelphia Police, a six-week-old baby boy was found in a vehicle alone in the parking lot of a Walmart.
Police arrived to Franklin Mills Boulevard around 6:30 p.m. Monday evening after a witness reported a baby left unattended in a vehicle.
The mother arrived back at the scene before police were able to gain access.
The infant was evaluated by a medic and taken to St. Christopher’s before being released to his father.
The 35-year-old mother was transported to Special Victims Unit.
Police say at this time there are no charges pending further investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Banning Certain Trucks, Trailers Due To Impending Storm
- Snow Preparations Underway As Region Gets Ready For Nor’Easter #4
- Police: 3 Injured In Maryland High School Shooting
- 2 Men Killed In Southwest Philadelphia Shooting
- 4 Sentenced In Dog Fighting Ring That Operated Across US, Including New Jersey