PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – According to Philadelphia Police, a six-week-old baby boy was found in a vehicle alone in the parking lot of a Walmart.
Police arrived to Franklin Mills Boulevard around 6:30 p.m. Monday evening after a witness reported a baby left unattended in a vehicle.
The mother arrived back at the scene before police were able to gain access.
The infant was evaluated by a medic and taken to St. Christopher’s before being released to his father.
The 35-year-old mother was transported to Special Victims Unit.
Police say at this time there are no charges pending further investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- From Tall Ships On Delaware River To Decommissioned Ships At Navy Yard
- Philadelphia Police: Yasmine Wilkerson Wanted In Connection To Double Shooting Of Man, Pregnant Daughter
- Delaware Officials: More Than 600 People May Have Been Exposed To Tuberculosis
- Hersheypark Debuting ‘Longest Mat Racing’ Water Slide In World Memorial Day Weekend
- Philadelphia Police Investigating Deadly Shooting In Pennsport