1 Injured After Tow Truck Carrying A Backhoe Strikes Overpass In Lawrenceville
LAWNRENCEVILLE, N.J. (CBS) – Crews responded to the scene of a serious accident on I-95 northbound at Princeton Pike in Lawrenceville, New Jersey.
According to police, a heavy duty tow truck carrying a backhoe struck the Princeton Pike overpass. The collision caused the backhoe to fall off of the tow truck and hit the vehicle behind it.
The female driver of the car struck was taken to the hospital with unknown injuries. The driver of the tow truck was not injured.
Authorities say two lanes are closed at this time and drivers should expect delays in the area.
NJDOT and engineers are on the scene to inspect the bridge.
Stay with CBSPhilly for more details as they become available…
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Weather Blog: Blue Moon Rises Tonight
- As Preparations Continue For Pope Francis’ Visit To Philadelphia, Questions Remain
- Young Mother Shot And Killed In Port Richmond Home
- PennDOT To Close I-76 East Ramp To Spring Garden Street For Concrete Repair
- Family Of Technology Executive Killed In Train Derailment Files Lawsuit