1 Injured After Tow Truck Carrying A Backhoe Strikes Overpass In Lawrenceville
LAWNRENCEVILLE, N.J. (CBS) – Crews responded to the scene of a serious accident on I-95 northbound at Princeton Pike in Lawrenceville, New Jersey.
According to police, a heavy duty tow truck carrying a backhoe struck the Princeton Pike overpass. The collision caused the backhoe to fall off of the tow truck and hit the vehicle behind it.
The female driver of the car struck was taken to the hospital with unknown injuries. The driver of the tow truck was not injured.
Authorities say two lanes are closed at this time and drivers should expect delays in the area.
NJDOT and engineers are on the scene to inspect the bridge.
Stay with CBSPhilly for more details as they become available…
You may also be interested in these stories:
- FBI Probes Cyberattack At Rutgers University
- Police Search For Armed Prisoner After Virginia Hospital Escape
- Study Says Philadelphians Spend Nearly Three Days A Year Stuck In Traffic
- She Spent 10 Weeks In Liberia Fighting Ebola; A Philadelphia Doctor Shares Her Story Back Home
- As City Council Launches Budget Hearings, Nutter’s Tax Hike Plan For School Funding Appears On Life Support