LAWNRENCEVILLE, N.J. (CBS) – Crews responded to the scene of a serious accident on I-95 northbound at Princeton Pike in Lawrenceville, New Jersey.
According to police, a heavy duty tow truck carrying a backhoe struck the Princeton Pike overpass. The collision caused the backhoe to fall off of the tow truck and hit the vehicle behind it.
The female driver of the car struck was taken to the hospital with unknown injuries. The driver of the tow truck was not injured.
Authorities say two lanes are closed at this time and drivers should expect delays in the area.
NJDOT and engineers are on the scene to inspect the bridge.
Stay with CBSPhilly for more details as they become available…
You may also be interested in these stories:
- After 40 Years, The Search Continues For Rockwell Painting Stolen From NJ Home
- Muhammad Ali’s Special Connection To Philadelphia Recognized
- Man Sentenced To 35 Years For 2014 Germantown Kidnapping
- Philly U. Professor’s Idea Brings Innovation To Olympics
- Government Issues Air Bag Alert To 313,000 Honda Users