LAWNRENCEVILLE, N.J. (CBS) – Crews responded to the scene of a serious accident on I-95 northbound at Princeton Pike in Lawrenceville, New Jersey.
According to police, a heavy duty tow truck carrying a backhoe struck the Princeton Pike overpass. The collision caused the backhoe to fall off of the tow truck and hit the vehicle behind it.
The female driver of the car struck was taken to the hospital with unknown injuries. The driver of the tow truck was not injured.
Authorities say two lanes are closed at this time and drivers should expect delays in the area.
NJDOT and engineers are on the scene to inspect the bridge.
Stay with CBSPhilly for more details as they become available…
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning Issued For Delaware Valley, Parts Of New Jersey
- Officials: Woman, 76, Found Killed In Her Home In Newark, New Jersey
- Authorities: Driver Killed After Car Struck By Train At Crossing
- Police: Son Charged In Death Of Father; Body Left On Couch For Weeks
- This Musician Strummed A Guitar During His Own Brain Surgery