PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say delivery personnel who ride electric bicycles have been the targets of a dozen recent armed robberies.
The robberies, which occurred mainly in Center City, have all been similar in nature.
The suspect will first call a restaurant that uses electronic bicycle delivery and order food to a specific location.
When the delivery person arrives at that location, the suspect then robs him or her at gunpoint and takes the bike, which retails for more than $1,000, as well as cell phones and other items.
So far, there have been 12 robberies of this nature. While the delivery locations are always different, the suspects’ phone numbers remain the same. Two separate phone numbers have been identified.
Police say they’ve identified one suspect as 43-year-old William Mack, of Camden. The other suspect is described as a black male in his 30s who is about 5’5” to 5’8” tall and has a medium build. That suspect is clean shaven and has a medium to dark complexion.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of William Mack or on the other suspect’s identity is asked to call police.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police: Woman’s Body Found Inside Trash Bag
- What You Should Know If You Get Pulled Over With Expired Pa. Registration Sticker
- Ivanka Trump Touts Tax Plan At Bucks County Town Hall
- The Emotional Story Of Carson Wentz And A Boy Who Lost His Battle With Cancer
- Camden County Police Surprise Boy Battling Cancer