DOVER, Del. (CBS) – A Dover man has been arrested on charges he stole from a home then attempted to sell the stolen items at a nearby parking lot.
Police say 47-year-old Deon Brown broke into the residence on the 400 block of S Governors Avenue on Monday around 4 a.m. and stole several items including a laptop and a safe containing jewelry and cash.
Shortly after the burglary, Dover police received a call from a person who saw Brown in the parking lot of the Courtney Square Shopping Center on S New Street, where he was allegedly attempting to sell the stolen items.
When officers arrived on scene, Brown threw the stolen goods into a dumpster, but was arrested and committed to James T. Vaughn Correctional Center on $3,600 bond. He is facing charges of 2nd Degree Burglary, Theft Over $1,500 and Criminal Mischief.
Most of the stolen items were returned to their owner.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Police: 2 Men Open Fire On Officers In North Philadelphia
- NFL Owners Are Not Happy With Trump’s Rhetoric
- Notebook, Pencils, Guns? PA Legislature Halfway To Arming School Staff
- Real Life Catholic Host Chris Stefanick To Make Stop In Philly
- ‘Weigh The Risks’: Concussion Specialist Offers Advice To Parents Of Young Athletes