Crews Battle 1-Alarm Fire Involving Several Rowhomes In Bridesburg
By Molly Daly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia Fire Department crews battled a 1-alarm blaze involving several porch-front rowhomes in the city’s Bridesburg section Monday afternoon.
Authorities say the call came shortly after 2 p.m. about a fire at 2719 Eddington Street.
When firefighters arrived, two neighboring houses were also involved.
Fire officials say five engines and and three ladders responded the scene, and the fire was placed under control shortly after 3 p.m.
No injuries were reported.
It’s not clear if the house where the fire started is occupied.
The American Red Cross is providing food, clothing, shoes and transportation to four families (18 people) affected by the fire. Their partners at Red Paw also responded to assist with multiple pets affected.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Suspect Wanted In Violent Home Invasion In Delaware County Captured In North Carolina
- Amtrak Agrees to Court Consolidation of All Derailment Lawsuits in Philadelphia
- After Pa. Budget Veto, Gov. Wolf Upbeat After Meeting With Legislative Leaders
- Philadelphia Police Hunting For Busy Store Burglar Caught on Tape
- National Weather Service Confirms Tornado In Chester County