By Molly Daly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia Fire Department crews battled a 1-alarm blaze involving several porch-front rowhomes in the city’s Bridesburg section Monday afternoon.
Authorities say the call came shortly after 2 p.m. about a fire at 2719 Eddington Street.
When firefighters arrived, two neighboring houses were also involved.
Fire officials say five engines and and three ladders responded the scene, and the fire was placed under control shortly after 3 p.m.
No injuries were reported.
It’s not clear if the house where the fire started is occupied.
The American Red Cross is providing food, clothing, shoes and transportation to four families (18 people) affected by the fire. Their partners at Red Paw also responded to assist with multiple pets affected.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Expert Discusses When You Should Seek Medical Treatment For That Cut
- Parts Of Our Area Look To Make Living Where You Work A Reality
- Protected Bike Lanes, Other Changes Coming To Market, JFK
- Community Rallies After Beloved Delaware School Principal Is Fired
- Block Captains From Across Philadelphia Gear Up For Annual Spring Cleaning