By Molly Daly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia Fire Department crews battled a 1-alarm blaze involving several porch-front rowhomes in the city’s Bridesburg section Monday afternoon.
Authorities say the call came shortly after 2 p.m. about a fire at 2719 Eddington Street.
When firefighters arrived, two neighboring houses were also involved.
Fire officials say five engines and and three ladders responded the scene, and the fire was placed under control shortly after 3 p.m.
No injuries were reported.
It’s not clear if the house where the fire started is occupied.
The American Red Cross is providing food, clothing, shoes and transportation to four families (18 people) affected by the fire. Their partners at Red Paw also responded to assist with multiple pets affected.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- What’s With The Weird Weather? Environmental Expert Offers Explanation
- Getting Ready To File Your Taxes? Be Sure You Know What Information Is Required
- Toddler Struck By SUV Released From Hospital; Police Search For Hit-Run Driver
- Weather: February Thaw Continues This Week
- Police: Officer Injured In Dirt Bike Chase In North Philadelphia