By Molly Daly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia Fire Department crews battled a 1-alarm blaze involving several porch-front rowhomes in the city’s Bridesburg section Monday afternoon.
Authorities say the call came shortly after 2 p.m. about a fire at 2719 Eddington Street.
When firefighters arrived, two neighboring houses were also involved.
Fire officials say five engines and and three ladders responded the scene, and the fire was placed under control shortly after 3 p.m.
No injuries were reported.
It’s not clear if the house where the fire started is occupied.
The American Red Cross is providing food, clothing, shoes and transportation to four families (18 people) affected by the fire. Their partners at Red Paw also responded to assist with multiple pets affected.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- On Women’s Equality Day, A Look Back At The Early Fight For Equal Rights
- New Option On The Way For Regional Rail Riders Affected By Train Car Shortage
- 3 On Your Side Recall Roundup: Dangerous Microwave Ovens, Strollers, And Toys
- Movie Review: ‘Don’t Breathe’
- What’s Cooking On 1060: Organic Produce, Edible Bugs At South Jersey Market