By Molly Daly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia Fire Department crews battled a 1-alarm blaze involving several porch-front rowhomes in the city’s Bridesburg section Monday afternoon.
Authorities say the call came shortly after 2 p.m. about a fire at 2719 Eddington Street.
When firefighters arrived, two neighboring houses were also involved.
Fire officials say five engines and and three ladders responded the scene, and the fire was placed under control shortly after 3 p.m.
No injuries were reported.
It’s not clear if the house where the fire started is occupied.
The American Red Cross is providing food, clothing, shoes and transportation to four families (18 people) affected by the fire. Their partners at Red Paw also responded to assist with multiple pets affected.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Twitter Investigating Complaints About @POTUS Account Transfer
- Police: New Jersey Man Owes More Than $56,000 In Tolls, Fees
- Caught On Video: Transgender Woman Attacked In Center City
- Thousands Take Part In Women’s March In Philadelphia
- Police: Woman Forced Into Sex Act During Home Invasion In Chestnut Hill