PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police have arrested and charged two suspects after a pharmaceutical delivery driver was shot in the hand on July 10. (See Related Story)
Authorities say the victim was making a delivery to the Wellness Pharmacy located at 2337 Ridge Avenue when he was approached by two black males, one brandishing a handgun, demanding the keys to his vehicle.
When he told the suspects the keys were in the ignition, the second suspect entered the driver’s seat and attempted to drive away.
The victim then shoved the first suspect to the ground and the male shot the delivery driver in the right hand.
Both suspects immediately fled the scene without taking anything from the victim. The delivery driver was taken to Hahnemann Hospital in stable condition.
Detectives obtained surveillance video of the robbery that showed two vehicles, a gold Ford Taurus and a silver Ford Windstar, following the victim along his route.
On July 17, police stopped the Ford Taurus and Charles Wardlaw was taken into custody. Detectives then identified Robert Hartley as one of the males who allegedly shot the victim during this robbery.
The next day, police arrested Hartley inside of a residence on West Seltzer Street without incident. His Ford Windstar was also recovered.
Wardlaw and Hartley have both been charged with robbery, aggravated assault and related offenses.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Study: Fish Fraud Runs Wild At L.A. Sushi Restaurants
- Voters React As Politicians Decide To Skip Trump’s Inauguration
- Day Of Service: Chosen 300 Serves Up Food, Clothes, Slice Of MLK History
- Rep. Brendan Boyle Won’t Attend Trump Inauguration: ‘I Respect It, But I Will Not Celebrate It’
- Fatal Accident At Bucks County Steel Mill Under Investigation