BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Sebastien Le Toux scored on a penalty kick in the 91st minute and the Philadelphia Union came back to tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday.
Le Toux was awarded the penalty kick after Gonzalo Segares was called for a hand ball inside the penalty area. Segares turned his back on Le Toux’s shot, but the ball hit his right arm. Le Toux calmly slotted home the penalty kick inside the left post, past a diving Sean Johnson. He has scored five goals in his past six games for Philadelphia (5-8-8).
Jeff Larentowicz headed home a corner kick from Harrison Shipp in the 60th minute for a 1-0 lead for Chicago (3-4-11). The duo failed to convert a similar play in the 37th minute when Larentowicz’s header was just high of the crossbar.
Neither team had a player selected for the MLS All-Star game when the rosters were announced Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fans: Sixers Should Not Offer Max Deal To Harrison Barnes
- Phils Go For Sweep In Arizona Behind Eflin
- 2016’s Most Overrated NBA Free Agents
- Running: Sixers Free Agency News
- 7 Of The Worst Free Agent Signings In NBA History
- Sixers Exercise Option Of Hollis Thompson
- Dario Saric Indicates He’ll Join Sixers: Gave Them My Word
- Hinkie: ‘Fear Has Been Motivating Factor For Too Many, Too Long’
- Dykstra: Jack Nicholson Would Help ‘Close The Deal’
- Gary McCord On WGC-Bridgestone: ‘Golf Course Still Holds Its Own’