BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Sebastien Le Toux scored on a penalty kick in the 91st minute and the Philadelphia Union came back to tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday.
Le Toux was awarded the penalty kick after Gonzalo Segares was called for a hand ball inside the penalty area. Segares turned his back on Le Toux’s shot, but the ball hit his right arm. Le Toux calmly slotted home the penalty kick inside the left post, past a diving Sean Johnson. He has scored five goals in his past six games for Philadelphia (5-8-8).
Jeff Larentowicz headed home a corner kick from Harrison Shipp in the 60th minute for a 1-0 lead for Chicago (3-4-11). The duo failed to convert a similar play in the 37th minute when Larentowicz’s header was just high of the crossbar.
Neither team had a player selected for the MLS All-Star game when the rosters were announced Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Jahlil Okafor Apologizes For Boston Fight On Twitter
- Kobe Bryant Back Home To Play Sixers After Announcing Retirement
- CBS 3 Talks With Montgomery County Swimmer Named SI’s SportsKid Of The Year
- Broncos Ride Pats To Victory
- Kelly, Eagles Again Dealing With Coaching Rumors
- Temple Readies For AAC Title Showdown With Houston Saturday
- Academy Park Takes Aim At Giant Imhotep Charter
- Phillies Claim Michael Mariot From Royals
- St. Joe’s Off To Strong 4-1 Start
- 76ers Tie NBA Worst With 0-18 Start After Loss To Grizzlies