Le Toux’s PK Ties Game For Union Against Fire 1-1
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Sebastien Le Toux scored on a penalty kick in the 91st minute and the Philadelphia Union came back to tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday.
Le Toux was awarded the penalty kick after Gonzalo Segares was called for a hand ball inside the penalty area. Segares turned his back on Le Toux’s shot, but the ball hit his right arm. Le Toux calmly slotted home the penalty kick inside the left post, past a diving Sean Johnson. He has scored five goals in his past six games for Philadelphia (5-8-8).
Jeff Larentowicz headed home a corner kick from Harrison Shipp in the 60th minute for a 1-0 lead for Chicago (3-4-11). The duo failed to convert a similar play in the 37th minute when Larentowicz’s header was just high of the crossbar.
Neither team had a player selected for the MLS All-Star game when the rosters were announced Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Phillies Look To Avoid Historic 100 Loss Season
- Bradford Vs. Cousins: A Clash Of Two Struggling Quarterbacks
- Marlins Sweep Phillies In Doubleheader
- Philadelphia Union Falls To Toronto FC 3-1
- Phillies Clinch Last Place With 7-6 Loss To Marlins
- Balanced Penn State Defeats Army 20-14
- Who Were The Fantasy Baseball MVPs And Cy Youngs In 2015?
- Temple Beats Charlotte 37-3 For First 4-0 Start Since 1974
- Flyers Lose To Devils 3-2 In Shootout
- Injury Report: DeMarco Murray, Mychal Kendricks Questionable For Showdown In Washington