BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Sebastien Le Toux scored on a penalty kick in the 91st minute and the Philadelphia Union came back to tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday.
Le Toux was awarded the penalty kick after Gonzalo Segares was called for a hand ball inside the penalty area. Segares turned his back on Le Toux’s shot, but the ball hit his right arm. Le Toux calmly slotted home the penalty kick inside the left post, past a diving Sean Johnson. He has scored five goals in his past six games for Philadelphia (5-8-8).
Jeff Larentowicz headed home a corner kick from Harrison Shipp in the 60th minute for a 1-0 lead for Chicago (3-4-11). The duo failed to convert a similar play in the 37th minute when Larentowicz’s header was just high of the crossbar.
Neither team had a player selected for the MLS All-Star game when the rosters were announced Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Showtime Sports GM Stephen Espinoza Discusses Mayweather-McGregor Fight
- What To Look For In Eagles Vs. Bills
- Kahn: If You Aren’t Playing Fantasy Baseball, You’re Missing Out
- Kennett Square Reaches Junior League Baseball World Series
- WWE Insiders Pick SummerSlam 2017
- Fantasy Football 2017: Top 10 Sleepers
- College Football Preview: Lincoln University Lions
- 5 Eagles To Watch Tonight Vs. Bills
- Ready To Play: Lions DB Alex Carter Discusses The Importance Of Clean Eating
- Phillies Lose 3-0, Swept By Padres