BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Sebastien Le Toux scored on a penalty kick in the 91st minute and the Philadelphia Union came back to tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday.
Le Toux was awarded the penalty kick after Gonzalo Segares was called for a hand ball inside the penalty area. Segares turned his back on Le Toux’s shot, but the ball hit his right arm. Le Toux calmly slotted home the penalty kick inside the left post, past a diving Sean Johnson. He has scored five goals in his past six games for Philadelphia (5-8-8).
Jeff Larentowicz headed home a corner kick from Harrison Shipp in the 60th minute for a 1-0 lead for Chicago (3-4-11). The duo failed to convert a similar play in the 37th minute when Larentowicz’s header was just high of the crossbar.
Neither team had a player selected for the MLS All-Star game when the rosters were announced Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lousiville’s Lamar Jackson Wins Heisman Trophy
- Army Beats Navy 21-17 To End 14-Year Losing Streak In Series
- Sixers-Kings Game Rescheduled For Late January
- Hart Lifts No. 1 Villanova Over Notre Dame 74-66
- Temple Builds Big Lead, Hangs On To Top DePaul 74-65
- Former Major League Pitcher Becomes Police Officer
- Topps Selling Baseball Card Collection For Over $20,000
- Eagles Week 14 Injury Report: Jordan Matthews And Ryan Mathews Expected To Return
- What To Look For In Eagles/Redskins Sunday
- Jeff Hardy Opens Up About TNA Wrestling, Concussion Fears, New Album