BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Sebastien Le Toux scored on a penalty kick in the 91st minute and the Philadelphia Union came back to tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday.
Le Toux was awarded the penalty kick after Gonzalo Segares was called for a hand ball inside the penalty area. Segares turned his back on Le Toux’s shot, but the ball hit his right arm. Le Toux calmly slotted home the penalty kick inside the left post, past a diving Sean Johnson. He has scored five goals in his past six games for Philadelphia (5-8-8).
Jeff Larentowicz headed home a corner kick from Harrison Shipp in the 60th minute for a 1-0 lead for Chicago (3-4-11). The duo failed to convert a similar play in the 37th minute when Larentowicz’s header was just high of the crossbar.
Neither team had a player selected for the MLS All-Star game when the rosters were announced Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Kluber, Perez, Indians Beat Cubs 6-0 In World Series Opener
- Flyers Pull Off Late Comeback, Top Sabres 4-3 In Shootout
- Owls Look To Keep Rolling Against Cincinnati
- Flyers Welcome Sabres To Center Tonight
- Union Ready For Postseason Match-Up With Toronto FC
- Giants Release Kicker Josh Brown
- Delaware Readies For Homecoming Match-Up With Towson
- Joel Embiid To Play 20 Minutes In Season Opener
- PSU Student Starts GoFundMe Page To Repair OSU Riot Damage
- Eagles Opponent Profile: Cowboys’ Young Stars Look To Shine Sunday Night