BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Sebastien Le Toux scored on a penalty kick in the 91st minute and the Philadelphia Union came back to tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday.
Le Toux was awarded the penalty kick after Gonzalo Segares was called for a hand ball inside the penalty area. Segares turned his back on Le Toux’s shot, but the ball hit his right arm. Le Toux calmly slotted home the penalty kick inside the left post, past a diving Sean Johnson. He has scored five goals in his past six games for Philadelphia (5-8-8).
Jeff Larentowicz headed home a corner kick from Harrison Shipp in the 60th minute for a 1-0 lead for Chicago (3-4-11). The duo failed to convert a similar play in the 37th minute when Larentowicz’s header was just high of the crossbar.
Neither team had a player selected for the MLS All-Star game when the rosters were announced Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Red Wings Beat Flyers 5-4 In Shootout To Halt 10-Game Skid
- Phillies’ Jake Arrieta Ready For Season To Get Underway
- Villanova’s Wright, Sixers’ Brown Formed Friendship In West Bank
- Villanova Faces Tough Test Against West Virginia In Sweet 16
- Former Steelers Polamalu, Ward To Help Launch New Football League
- South Jersey’s Own Mike Trout Graces Cover Of Sports Illustrated
- Program Helps 6-Foot-8, 360-Pound College Football Prospect Get Tuxedo For Prom
- Covington: Hinkie’s Moves ‘Got Us To Where We Are Now’
- Embiid, Simmons Lead 76ers Past Hornets 108-94
- Several Eagles Join Team That Helps NFL Players Manage Money