BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Sebastien Le Toux scored on a penalty kick in the 91st minute and the Philadelphia Union came back to tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday.
Le Toux was awarded the penalty kick after Gonzalo Segares was called for a hand ball inside the penalty area. Segares turned his back on Le Toux’s shot, but the ball hit his right arm. Le Toux calmly slotted home the penalty kick inside the left post, past a diving Sean Johnson. He has scored five goals in his past six games for Philadelphia (5-8-8).
Jeff Larentowicz headed home a corner kick from Harrison Shipp in the 60th minute for a 1-0 lead for Chicago (3-4-11). The duo failed to convert a similar play in the 37th minute when Larentowicz’s header was just high of the crossbar.
Neither team had a player selected for the MLS All-Star game when the rosters were announced Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Phillies Hold On For 5th Straight Win, Beat Indians 4-3
- New Book Offers Fresh Look At The Phillies
- DRAFT RECAP: Eagles Add More Offense And Then Focus On Defense
- Phillies Top Indians With Ryan Howard Walk Off Home Run
- Eagles Select OL Isaac Seumalo With 3rd Round Selection
- Penn State QB Hackenberg Drafted By Jets In 2nd Round
- Carson Wentz Speaks With Eyewitness News On His First Day In Philly
- Keidel: Like Dan Marino, Laremy Tunsil A Victim Of Embellished Fears
- Soul Head West For Monday Night Battle In LA
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: April 25th-April 29th