BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Sebastien Le Toux scored on a penalty kick in the 91st minute and the Philadelphia Union came back to tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday.
Le Toux was awarded the penalty kick after Gonzalo Segares was called for a hand ball inside the penalty area. Segares turned his back on Le Toux’s shot, but the ball hit his right arm. Le Toux calmly slotted home the penalty kick inside the left post, past a diving Sean Johnson. He has scored five goals in his past six games for Philadelphia (5-8-8).
Jeff Larentowicz headed home a corner kick from Harrison Shipp in the 60th minute for a 1-0 lead for Chicago (3-4-11). The duo failed to convert a similar play in the 37th minute when Larentowicz’s header was just high of the crossbar.
Neither team had a player selected for the MLS All-Star game when the rosters were announced Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fans Aren’t Blaming Not Having Wentz For Eagles’ ‘Torturous Win’ Over Giants
- Eagles Escape From New York, 34-29
- The Eagles’ Good, Bad & Ugly
- Gostisbehere Scores 2, Flyers Beat Stars 2-1
- Temple Holds Off Drexel Down Stretch For 63-60 Win
- Wentz Finishes Tops In NFC In Fan Pro Bowl Voting
- Thunder Beat 76ers 119-117 In 3OT Thriller
- Eagles Not Taking Struggling Giants Lightly
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: Can Cowboys Win A Must-Win?
- Eagles Injury Report: Wisniewski Questionable Vs. Giants