BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Sebastien Le Toux scored on a penalty kick in the 91st minute and the Philadelphia Union came back to tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday.
Le Toux was awarded the penalty kick after Gonzalo Segares was called for a hand ball inside the penalty area. Segares turned his back on Le Toux’s shot, but the ball hit his right arm. Le Toux calmly slotted home the penalty kick inside the left post, past a diving Sean Johnson. He has scored five goals in his past six games for Philadelphia (5-8-8).
Jeff Larentowicz headed home a corner kick from Harrison Shipp in the 60th minute for a 1-0 lead for Chicago (3-4-11). The duo failed to convert a similar play in the 37th minute when Larentowicz’s header was just high of the crossbar.
Neither team had a player selected for the MLS All-Star game when the rosters were announced Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Doug Pederson Reflects On Russell Wilson As An Eagle
- Zach Ertz Repsonds: ‘Excited To See Josh Norman In New Scheme’
- Report: Eagles Shopping For Corners
- Andy Reid: Fletcher Cox Told Me About Dak Prescott In 2012
- Phillies Earn 5-3 Win Over White Sox For Series Split
- Hope Solo Suspended From U.S. Soccer For 6 Months
- 76ers Projected To Finish As Worst Team In East, Again
- Pederson: Dorial Green-Beckham To Run With 1’s
- Nick Faldo On The Barclays: Bethpage Black ‘A Beautiful Golf Course’
- Phillies To Attend Tim Tebow’s Workout, Per Report