BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Sebastien Le Toux scored on a penalty kick in the 91st minute and the Philadelphia Union came back to tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday.
Le Toux was awarded the penalty kick after Gonzalo Segares was called for a hand ball inside the penalty area. Segares turned his back on Le Toux’s shot, but the ball hit his right arm. Le Toux calmly slotted home the penalty kick inside the left post, past a diving Sean Johnson. He has scored five goals in his past six games for Philadelphia (5-8-8).
Jeff Larentowicz headed home a corner kick from Harrison Shipp in the 60th minute for a 1-0 lead for Chicago (3-4-11). The duo failed to convert a similar play in the 37th minute when Larentowicz’s header was just high of the crossbar.
Neither team had a player selected for the MLS All-Star game when the rosters were announced Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Eagles Safety Malcolm Jenkins Opens Menswear Store
- Phillies Fall To Diamondbacks 6-1
- Former Flyer Mark Recchi Elected Into Hockey Hall Of Fame
- Scott Kingery Heads To Triple-A
- Keidel: Mets Promote Tebow… What’s The Harm?
- Embiid, Saric Named To NBA All-Rookie 1st Team
- LeBron James: ‘MJ Inspired, Allen Iverson Was The God’
- Not All Rookies Are Created Equal In Fantasy Baseball, So Choose Yours Wisely
- 76ers Open As Slight Favorites To Make Playoffs In 2017-18
- The ROY Case For Joel Embiid