BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Sebastien Le Toux scored on a penalty kick in the 91st minute and the Philadelphia Union came back to tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday.
Le Toux was awarded the penalty kick after Gonzalo Segares was called for a hand ball inside the penalty area. Segares turned his back on Le Toux’s shot, but the ball hit his right arm. Le Toux calmly slotted home the penalty kick inside the left post, past a diving Sean Johnson. He has scored five goals in his past six games for Philadelphia (5-8-8).
Jeff Larentowicz headed home a corner kick from Harrison Shipp in the 60th minute for a 1-0 lead for Chicago (3-4-11). The duo failed to convert a similar play in the 37th minute when Larentowicz’s header was just high of the crossbar.
Neither team had a player selected for the MLS All-Star game when the rosters were announced Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Brian Dawkins Stepping Down From Full-Time Role In Eagles Front Office
- Eagles Release Linebacker Mychal Kendricks
- Sixers’ Ben Simmons Named To NBA All-Rookie First Team
- ‘I Don’t View It As A Political Thing’: Carson Wentz To Take Part In White House Visit To Celebrate Eagles’ Super Bowl Victory
- Carson Wentz Is Beginning To Trust His Knee
- Pivetta Throws 7 Scoreless Innings, Phillies Top Braves 3-0
- Temple Football Returns From 9-Day Visit To Japan
- Carson Wentz Speaks At North Penn Valley Boys And Girls Club’s Annual Dinner
- NFL Analyst Lists Eagles’ Carson Wentz, Nick Foles As Top-3 NFC East Quarterbacks
- Phillies Offense Silenced In 5-1 Loss To Cardinals