BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Sebastien Le Toux scored on a penalty kick in the 91st minute and the Philadelphia Union came back to tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday.
Le Toux was awarded the penalty kick after Gonzalo Segares was called for a hand ball inside the penalty area. Segares turned his back on Le Toux’s shot, but the ball hit his right arm. Le Toux calmly slotted home the penalty kick inside the left post, past a diving Sean Johnson. He has scored five goals in his past six games for Philadelphia (5-8-8).
Jeff Larentowicz headed home a corner kick from Harrison Shipp in the 60th minute for a 1-0 lead for Chicago (3-4-11). The duo failed to convert a similar play in the 37th minute when Larentowicz’s header was just high of the crossbar.
Neither team had a player selected for the MLS All-Star game when the rosters were announced Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Chad Johnson: ‘I Still Like Sam Bradford As A Quarterback’
- Pete Mackanin Benches Odubel Herrera: ‘He Didn’t Run’
- Tigers Edge Phillies, 5-4
- Phillies Open Trip Tonight In Detroit Behind Velasquez
- This Week In Golf: Sergio García Wins AT&T Byron Nelson In Playoff
- Malcolm Jenkins Understands ‘Where Sam Bradford Is Coming From’
- Penn Product Ronnie Glenn Enjoying Time With Angels
- Why Pitching Is The Hardest Thing To Rely On In Fantasy Baseball
- Keidel: Watching Football Is So Much Better Now
- Maurice Jones-Drew Obliterates Chip Kelly