BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Sebastien Le Toux scored on a penalty kick in the 91st minute and the Philadelphia Union came back to tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday.
Le Toux was awarded the penalty kick after Gonzalo Segares was called for a hand ball inside the penalty area. Segares turned his back on Le Toux’s shot, but the ball hit his right arm. Le Toux calmly slotted home the penalty kick inside the left post, past a diving Sean Johnson. He has scored five goals in his past six games for Philadelphia (5-8-8).
Jeff Larentowicz headed home a corner kick from Harrison Shipp in the 60th minute for a 1-0 lead for Chicago (3-4-11). The duo failed to convert a similar play in the 37th minute when Larentowicz’s header was just high of the crossbar.
Neither team had a player selected for the MLS All-Star game when the rosters were announced Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Gordon Homers Leading Off As Marlins Mourn Fernandez
- 76ers Center Noel: Too Many Bigs On Team, ‘Just A Logjam’
- Eagles Fans Trying To Stay Composed As Team Continues To Exceed Expectations
- Post Snap With Malcolm Jenkins: ‘An Offense Will Find It Tough To Beat Us’
- Vice President Biden Tweets About Eagles: ‘It’s Our Year’
- This Week In Golf: Rory McIlroy Wins FedExCup, Arnold Palmer Passes
- One Local Business Seeing Boost In Sales Thanks To Eagles
- Doug Pederson’s Post Game Speech: ‘You Gotta Believe’
- Golfer Remembers Arnold Palmer: ‘He Was A Man Of The People’
- PA Governor Orders Flags At Half-Staff To Honor Arnold Palmer