BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Sebastien Le Toux scored on a penalty kick in the 91st minute and the Philadelphia Union came back to tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday.
Le Toux was awarded the penalty kick after Gonzalo Segares was called for a hand ball inside the penalty area. Segares turned his back on Le Toux’s shot, but the ball hit his right arm. Le Toux calmly slotted home the penalty kick inside the left post, past a diving Sean Johnson. He has scored five goals in his past six games for Philadelphia (5-8-8).
Jeff Larentowicz headed home a corner kick from Harrison Shipp in the 60th minute for a 1-0 lead for Chicago (3-4-11). The duo failed to convert a similar play in the 37th minute when Larentowicz’s header was just high of the crossbar.
Neither team had a player selected for the MLS All-Star game when the rosters were announced Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ‘You’ve Set The Bar’: Dawkins, Westbrook Fire Up Eagles Fans At NFL Draft
- Phillies’ Winning Streak Snapped With 5-3 Loss To Dodgers
- Philly Fans Give Everyone The Boos They Wanted
- Eagles Select Cornerback Rasul Douglas Of West Virginia In Third Round
- Eagles Take A Chance On Sidney Jones In Second Round
- Derek Barnett Has All The Ingredients Fans Should Love
- Derek Barnett: ‘To Be Compared To Reggie White Is A Blessing’
- Eagles Select CB Sidney Jones In Round 2
- ‘It Was All Surreal’: Local High School Football Players Still Pinching Themselves Being On Draft Stage For Eagles’ Pick
- Joel Embiid And Ben Simmons At The NFL Draft