BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Sebastien Le Toux scored on a penalty kick in the 91st minute and the Philadelphia Union came back to tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday.
Le Toux was awarded the penalty kick after Gonzalo Segares was called for a hand ball inside the penalty area. Segares turned his back on Le Toux’s shot, but the ball hit his right arm. Le Toux calmly slotted home the penalty kick inside the left post, past a diving Sean Johnson. He has scored five goals in his past six games for Philadelphia (5-8-8).
Jeff Larentowicz headed home a corner kick from Harrison Shipp in the 60th minute for a 1-0 lead for Chicago (3-4-11). The duo failed to convert a similar play in the 37th minute when Larentowicz’s header was just high of the crossbar.
Neither team had a player selected for the MLS All-Star game when the rosters were announced Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- US Routs Puerto Rico 8-0 To Win First World Baseball Classic
- NFL Pledges To Cut Down On Commercial Breaks To Speed Up Games
- Thunder Rolls Past 76ers, 122-67
- Former Eagles Wide Receiver Opens Trampoline Park In Deptford
- Phillies Legend Dallas Green Dies At 82
- Sixers Announce Joel Embiid To Have Surgery On Left Knee
- Rising Star: Oregon Guard Tyler Dorsey
- Josh Hart Signs With Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sports
- Villanova Gets JMU In Third Round of WNIT
- CBS Sports’ Debbie Antonelli ‘Surprised And Very Excited’ To Call Butler-Winthrop