BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Sebastien Le Toux scored on a penalty kick in the 91st minute and the Philadelphia Union came back to tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday.
Le Toux was awarded the penalty kick after Gonzalo Segares was called for a hand ball inside the penalty area. Segares turned his back on Le Toux’s shot, but the ball hit his right arm. Le Toux calmly slotted home the penalty kick inside the left post, past a diving Sean Johnson. He has scored five goals in his past six games for Philadelphia (5-8-8).
Jeff Larentowicz headed home a corner kick from Harrison Shipp in the 60th minute for a 1-0 lead for Chicago (3-4-11). The duo failed to convert a similar play in the 37th minute when Larentowicz’s header was just high of the crossbar.
Neither team had a player selected for the MLS All-Star game when the rosters were announced Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Watching Sports May Be Bad For Your Health, Study Reveals
- Rinne Stops 28 Shots, Sissons Scores, Preds Top Flyers 1-0
- Eagles Ready For Second Showdown With The Redskins
- Statue Honoring Late Flyers Founder Ed Snider Unveiled In Philly
- Fantasy Football Week 7 Starts And Sits
- WWE Insiders Pick TLC 2017
- College Football Week 8 Games To Watch: Big Ten Titans Clash In Happy Valley
- Jake Elliott Says He’s Been Drug Tested For Third Time In 2 Weeks
- Aaron Taylor: Best Case Scenario For SDSU Would Be Everyone Having One Loss
- West Chester Visits Cheyney Saturday