Le Toux’s PK Ties Game For Union Against Fire 1-1
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Sebastien Le Toux scored on a penalty kick in the 91st minute and the Philadelphia Union came back to tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday.
Le Toux was awarded the penalty kick after Gonzalo Segares was called for a hand ball inside the penalty area. Segares turned his back on Le Toux’s shot, but the ball hit his right arm. Le Toux calmly slotted home the penalty kick inside the left post, past a diving Sean Johnson. He has scored five goals in his past six games for Philadelphia (5-8-8).
Jeff Larentowicz headed home a corner kick from Harrison Shipp in the 60th minute for a 1-0 lead for Chicago (3-4-11). The duo failed to convert a similar play in the 37th minute when Larentowicz’s header was just high of the crossbar.
Neither team had a player selected for the MLS All-Star game when the rosters were announced Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sixers Rally Falls Short In 91-85 Loss To Red-Hot Hawks
- Mason Stops 30 Shots In Flyers’ 1-0 Win Over Maple Leafs
- La Salle Coasts To 66-56 Win Over St. Bonaventure
- Penn Routed By Harvard 63-38
- Drexel Comes Out On Top Against UNCW, 85-76
- Villanova Goes On The Road And Defeats DePaul, 68-55
- St. Joe’s Completes Come Back To Beat Davidson, 75-70
- Temple Stomps Tulane 55-37
- Sixers Release Teaser Video For New Mascot To Be Unveiled Feb. 10
- A Day In The Life Of Mick Foley At Wing Bowl 23