BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Sebastien Le Toux scored on a penalty kick in the 91st minute and the Philadelphia Union came back to tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday.
Le Toux was awarded the penalty kick after Gonzalo Segares was called for a hand ball inside the penalty area. Segares turned his back on Le Toux’s shot, but the ball hit his right arm. Le Toux calmly slotted home the penalty kick inside the left post, past a diving Sean Johnson. He has scored five goals in his past six games for Philadelphia (5-8-8).
Jeff Larentowicz headed home a corner kick from Harrison Shipp in the 60th minute for a 1-0 lead for Chicago (3-4-11). The duo failed to convert a similar play in the 37th minute when Larentowicz’s header was just high of the crossbar.
Neither team had a player selected for the MLS All-Star game when the rosters were announced Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Former Sixers GM Sam Hinkie Selling Bryn Mawr Mansion
- Keidel: Brady And Ryan, A Contrast In QBs
- Eagles Hire Rams WR Coach Mike Groh
- Joel Embiid Named Eastern Conference Player Of The Week
- Jason Kelce, Darren Sproles Added To Pro Bowl
- 76ers Ranked No. 15 In Power Rankings
- Joel Embiid Doubtful For Tuesday’s Game Vs. Clippers
- Chris Hogan’s Rare Path To NFL Started At Penn State
- Joe Douglas: ‘We’re Gonna Take Best Player Available’
- Howie Roseman Clarifies His Eric Rowe Explanation: ‘Did Not Make Sense’