Le Toux’s PK Ties Game For Union Against Fire 1-1
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Sebastien Le Toux scored on a penalty kick in the 91st minute and the Philadelphia Union came back to tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday.
Le Toux was awarded the penalty kick after Gonzalo Segares was called for a hand ball inside the penalty area. Segares turned his back on Le Toux’s shot, but the ball hit his right arm. Le Toux calmly slotted home the penalty kick inside the left post, past a diving Sean Johnson. He has scored five goals in his past six games for Philadelphia (5-8-8).
Jeff Larentowicz headed home a corner kick from Harrison Shipp in the 60th minute for a 1-0 lead for Chicago (3-4-11). The duo failed to convert a similar play in the 37th minute when Larentowicz’s header was just high of the crossbar.
Neither team had a player selected for the MLS All-Star game when the rosters were announced Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sixers Lose To Thunder 123-118 In Overtime
- Bembry, Wilson Lead St. Joe’s To 55-50 Win Over La Salle
- Penn State Loses To Ohio State 77-67
- Eagles Release Trent Cole
- NFL Free Agency: Eagles Rumors
- Podcast: A Conversation With Sixers Head Coach Brett Brown
- Cabrini College Women’s Hoops Gets Muhlenberg In D3 Tourney First Round
- McCoy Traded: Cataldi, Eskin Host 94WIP Morning Show Together
- Didinger: Kiko Alonso ‘A Lot Like Luke Kuechly’
- Report: McCoy Unhappy About Being Traded To Buffalo