Le Toux’s PK Ties Game For Union Against Fire 1-1
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Sebastien Le Toux scored on a penalty kick in the 91st minute and the Philadelphia Union came back to tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday.
Le Toux was awarded the penalty kick after Gonzalo Segares was called for a hand ball inside the penalty area. Segares turned his back on Le Toux’s shot, but the ball hit his right arm. Le Toux calmly slotted home the penalty kick inside the left post, past a diving Sean Johnson. He has scored five goals in his past six games for Philadelphia (5-8-8).
Jeff Larentowicz headed home a corner kick from Harrison Shipp in the 60th minute for a 1-0 lead for Chicago (3-4-11). The duo failed to convert a similar play in the 37th minute when Larentowicz’s header was just high of the crossbar.
Neither team had a player selected for the MLS All-Star game when the rosters were announced Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three No. 1 Seeds In Final Four
- Short-Handed Union Burnt By Fire 1-0
- Sixers Edged By LeBron, Cavs 87-86
- Hamels Named Phils Opening Day Starter
- Utley Homers Twice For Phillies in 4-4 Tie With Tigers
- Phils Knocked Around By Twins In 7-1 Loss
- Flyers Bitten By The Sharks In 3-2 SO Loss
- Little League World Series Run Leads To Influx Of Players In The Taney Baseball League
- Nogueira At The 10? Union Short On Weekend Options
- Sixers Lose To Clippers 119-98