Uber Philadelphia Serving Up On-Demand Ice Cream
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – On demand ice cream? It’s a one-day-only reality in Philadelphia, thanks to Uber.
Today (July 18) only, Uber customers can order up an ice cream truck via the Uber smartphone app between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.
For $25, you get one ice cream “bundle,” or five pieces of ice cream, plus an Uber tank top.
And while you can buy more than five pieces of frozen goodness, you can only buy in multiples of five. Drivers won’t sell single treats.
Just one warning: There’s limited availability. And since we all scream for ice cream, be patient and expect ordering a truck to take multiple tries on the app.
For more info, visit: http://blog.uber.com/icecream2014.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- RHONJ’s Teresa Giudice Asks To Serve Term In Halfway House
- Penn Researchers Find Parents Can Be Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Movies
- More Americans Than Ever Plan To Dress Up For Halloween
- US Agency Warns More Than 4 Million Car Owners To Get Air Bags Fixed; Metal Fragments Can Fly Out When Bags Deployed
- Majority Of Employees Still Showing Up To Work While Sick