Uber Philadelphia Serving Up On-Demand Ice Cream
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – On demand ice cream? It’s a one-day-only reality in Philadelphia, thanks to Uber.
Today (July 18) only, Uber customers can order up an ice cream truck via the Uber smartphone app between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.
For $25, you get one ice cream “bundle,” or five pieces of ice cream, plus an Uber tank top.
And while you can buy more than five pieces of frozen goodness, you can only buy in multiples of five. Drivers won’t sell single treats.
Just one warning: There’s limited availability. And since we all scream for ice cream, be patient and expect ordering a truck to take multiple tries on the app.
For more info, visit: http://blog.uber.com/icecream2014.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- CDC: 150 Possibly Had Contact With Lassa Fever Victim
- United States’ First Adult Toy Vending Machine Coming To Philadelphia
- AAA Report: Teenage Drivers Up The Risks On The Road
- Is Rent Out Of Reach? Study Shows How 11 US Cities Stack Up
- Study Finds Almost 20 Percent Of Female College Freshmen Victims Of Attempted Rape