Uber Philadelphia Serving Up On-Demand Ice Cream
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – On demand ice cream? It’s a one-day-only reality in Philadelphia, thanks to Uber.
Today (July 18) only, Uber customers can order up an ice cream truck via the Uber smartphone app between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.
For $25, you get one ice cream “bundle,” or five pieces of ice cream, plus an Uber tank top.
And while you can buy more than five pieces of frozen goodness, you can only buy in multiples of five. Drivers won’t sell single treats.
Just one warning: There’s limited availability. And since we all scream for ice cream, be patient and expect ordering a truck to take multiple tries on the app.
For more info, visit: http://blog.uber.com/icecream2014.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- 140 Pairs Of Underwear Stolen From Northeastern Pa. Store In 4 Heists
- Police Searching For Man Who Robbed Popular Cobbs Creek Cheesesteak Shop 3 Times
- Doctors: Del. Family Sickened By Pesticide While Vacationing Will Probably Not Recover
- Sunburn Art: A Dangerous New Trend?
- Ocean City Retains Title As New Jersey’s Most Popular Beach