Uber Philadelphia Serving Up On-Demand Ice Cream
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – On demand ice cream? It’s a one-day-only reality in Philadelphia, thanks to Uber.
Today (July 18) only, Uber customers can order up an ice cream truck via the Uber smartphone app between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.
For $25, you get one ice cream “bundle,” or five pieces of ice cream, plus an Uber tank top.
And while you can buy more than five pieces of frozen goodness, you can only buy in multiples of five. Drivers won’t sell single treats.
Just one warning: There’s limited availability. And since we all scream for ice cream, be patient and expect ordering a truck to take multiple tries on the app.
For more info, visit: http://blog.uber.com/icecream2014.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Pa. Teen Breaks World Record By Solving Rubik’s Cube In 5.25 Seconds
- Study: Most Kids Are Using Smartphones And Tablets By The Time They’re 2 Years Old
- Report: 7 New Jersey Counties Make List Of Highest Property Taxes
- With Royal Baby #2 Due Any Day, Folks Across The Pond Weigh In On Their Picks For Names
- Pa. Shop Offers Discount — But Only To Women!