PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Sources tell Eyewitness News that Philadelphia police are questioning two men Friday night in connection with an elderly couple found dead in their home.
Crime scene investigators dressed in protective gear enter the Strawberry Mansion home of Algladis and Rufus Perry. Investigators remove evidence from their house two days after their bodies were discovered.
The couple’s daughter, checking on her parents earlier Thursday morning, found them dead in their living room on North Spangler Street (see previous story).
“My father, he don’t bother nobody. They stay to themselves,” she said.
Sources tell Eyewitness News homicide detectives are now involved.
Meanwhile, a memorial sits outside the family’s home. Family members are still shaken and looking for answers. They can’t imagine how this could have happened.
No arrests have been made at this time, but police say this is still a very active investigation.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- 2nd Teen Convicted In Murder Of Man Walking Dog
- With Allergy Season Here, Natural Remedies May Be What You Need
- Two Ways Philly Judicial Candidate Hopes Their Run For Office Is A Game Changer
- Cherry Hill Triplex Plants 50 Trees Around Baseball Field
- Netflix Discovers An Indie-Philly Band To Promote New Series