By Kim Glovas
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Palestinian and Israeli supporters clashed in Center City Philadelphia in peaceful but very vocal counter-demonstrations today.
About 300 Pro-Palestinian demonstrators gathered outside the Israeli Consulate at 19th and JFK Boulevard, across the street, 100 Pro-Israelis. Both sides chanted and waved signs at each other. Pro-Israeli Steve Feldman defended Israel’s military moves, including the deaths of children on the beach.
“The Israelis warned the population that they were going to be having a military operation. They asked them to keep the area clear, they did not,” Feldman said.
Betsy Piette, supports the Palestinian community.
“These children live there! It is an area smaller than the city of Philadelphia, you have to go out, children play!” Piette said.
The Pro-Palestinians want the U.S. to stop funding the Israeli military attacks. The Pro-Israelis say Israel has a right to defend itself.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Gloucester County Homeowners Warned About Deed Procurement Solicitations
- Philly Flower Show Will Treat Visitors To Sights, Sounds And Scents Of Rainforest
- Woman Misdiagnosed With Flu, Actually Has Flesh-Eating Virus
- Traffic Slows After Pedestrian Struck Along I-95 Northbound In Delaware County
- Man Pleads Guilty But Mentally Ill In Murder Of Mother