CHESTER, Pa. (CBS) – The Delaware County SPCA is searching for the suspect who repeatedly stabbed a dog in Chester.
The pup, described as an “extremely friendly young female pit bull,” was found on the property of DELCORA, a water treatment facility in Chester. She had reportedly been lying in tall grass for about 3-4 days.
According to the animal welfare organization, the dog had numerous stab wounds all over her body, including on her stomach, paws, legs and upper body.
“It’s hard to believe anyone could do this, let alone to a dog that’s so sweet,” says Delco SPCA Director of Community Relations Justina Calgiano.
The puppy, who has been renamed Lovey because she’s so affectionate, is receiving treatment at the SPCA and is in stable condition.
“She was stitched up and she’s doing really well. She’s on some serious pain meds right now to help keep the pain down. She’s eating and she’s loving everybody she meets, which is really great,” Calgiano said.
Anyone with information on a suspect is asked to call SPCA Humane Society Police Officer Ron Riggle at 610-566-1370 x214 or email email@example.com.
Donations for Lovey are also being collected here.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Born In ’97, World’s First Surviving Septuplets Graduate High School
- Detroit Police Department Calls Out Philly Police To Running Man Challenge
- More And More Young People Are Living With Their Parents
- Twitter Will Stretch Its 140-Character Limit
- It’s OK To Let Your Baby Cry Himself To Sleep, Study Finds