The Sixers Take On The Bulls In Round 2
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Tonight at 10 p.m. the Sixers and the Bulls will do battle in the second round of elimination play at the Samsung NBA Summer League. The Sixers earned the second round nod on the strength of an 85-63 win over the Lakers on Wednesday night.
The Bulls rested while the others teams had to play their way into the round. Their number one seed in the Summer League earned them a first round bye.
The Sixers will have their hands full with the Bulls first round prospect, Doug McDermott. In McDermott’s last two games, he is averaging 25.5 points per contest. The Sixers were able to win over the Lakers without the services of K.J. McDaniels, Jordan McRae and Nerlens Noel. All three have tweaked their ankles during Summer League action and they are expected to be game-time decisions against the Bulls.
A win for the Sixers would earn them a Quarterfinals date on Saturday against either the Kings or the Timberwolves.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Philly Soccer Show: Playoffs Slipping Away For Union As US Open Cup Nears
- CBS To Stream Some NFL Regular Season Games For First Time
- Andre Berto: My Life As The Guy That’s Going To Beat Floyd Mayweather
- Ex-Eagle Jeremy Bloom: Mike Tomlin Built Winning Culture, Andy Reid Did Not
- 5 Things About Penn State Vs. Temple