By Nicole Brewer
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police are investigating a tragic mystery in Strawberry Mansion after a daughter found her elderly parents dead on the living room floor of their home in the 2500 block of North Spangler Street.
The couple, identified by family members as 66-year-old Algladis Perry and her husband 78-year-old Rufus Perry, were found unresponsive and unconscious.
With no sign of forced entry or trauma and carbon monoxide ruled out, investigators are hoping the medical examiners office will provide answers.
Relatives, who say the family lived in their home for 40 years and remained in constant contact with loved ones, are shocked and saddened by the news.
“Gladis was the oldest in a family of 12 … she was the matriarch, the person everyone leaned on,” explained nephew Donald Carlton, who serves as the Deputy Commissioner of the Philadelphia Streets Department.
He says the family’s focus is on supporting the deceased couple’s daughter in this difficult time.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- US Postal Service Unveils New Scratch-And-Sniff Stamps
- Police: Several Injured In Wedding Reception Brawl
- Star Wars-Inspired Prosthetic Arm Improves Life For Amputees
- Parents Take 30-Year-Old Son To Court To Evict Him From Their Home
- Animal Care Center: Dog Dies After Owner Intentionally Set Her On Fire