3 Injured, Including Police Officer, In West Philadelphia Accident
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – An accident involving a Philadelphia police vehicle in West Philadelphia sent three people to the hospital, including a police officer.
It happened around 5:46 p.m. Thursday in the 5500 block of Cambridge Street.
According to police, while following a reckless driver traveling southbound on 55th Street, an officer hit a parked car at the 600 block of North 55th Street.
Police say the officer was injured and taken to the hospital. The officer is expected to be treated and released.
Two civilians suffered minor injuries and were also taken to the hospital to be treated.
SEPTA says Route 15 trolley service has been interrupted. Shuttle buses are operating between 41st Street and 63rd and Girard Avenue.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Amid Israel Flight Ban, Israeli And Palestinian Supporters Rally In Center City
- More Than 1,600 StubHub Accounts Hacked
- Health: Future Of Contraception? A Microchip May Be Able To Help
- Cherry Hill Campers Write To Boy With Inoperable Tumor Who Wished For Cards On His Birthday
- Pedestrian Dies After Hit-And-Run In Camden; Vehicle Sought