PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – An accident involving a Philadelphia police vehicle in West Philadelphia sent three people to the hospital, including a police officer.
It happened around 5:46 p.m. Thursday in the 5500 block of Cambridge Street.
According to police, while following a reckless driver traveling southbound on 55th Street, an officer hit a parked car at the 600 block of North 55th Street.
Police say the officer was injured and taken to the hospital. The officer is expected to be treated and released.
Two civilians suffered minor injuries and were also taken to the hospital to be treated.
SEPTA says Route 15 trolley service has been interrupted. Shuttle buses are operating between 41st Street and 63rd and Girard Avenue.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Philadelphia’s Newest Attraction Offers A Panoramic View Of The City And Beyond
- State Trooper In Stable Condition After Being Shot On Vine Street Expressway
- Bucks County Officials Stepping Up DUI Patrols This Thanksgiving Eve
- NJ Lottery Defends Sales And Marketing Partnership
- New Jersey Lottery Reports Drop In Revenues In Fiscal 2015