PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – An accident involving a Philadelphia police vehicle in West Philadelphia sent three people to the hospital, including a police officer.
It happened around 5:46 p.m. Thursday in the 5500 block of Cambridge Street.
According to police, while following a reckless driver traveling southbound on 55th Street, an officer hit a parked car at the 600 block of North 55th Street.
Police say the officer was injured and taken to the hospital. The officer is expected to be treated and released.
Two civilians suffered minor injuries and were also taken to the hospital to be treated.
SEPTA says Route 15 trolley service has been interrupted. Shuttle buses are operating between 41st Street and 63rd and Girard Avenue.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- A Community Remembers 4-year-old Girl Fatally Shot In Her North Philadelphia Home
- Pennsylvania’s First Mormon Temple Comes To Ben Franklin Parkway
- SEPTA Driver Deemed Hero For Saving Woman From Thief
- Dozens Gather On Art Museum Steps Fighting For Gun Legislation In DC
- Montco Mom Starts Yoga Class For People With Disabilities