3 Injured, Including Police Officer, In West Philadelphia Accident
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – An accident involving a Philadelphia police vehicle in West Philadelphia sent three people to the hospital, including a police officer.
It happened around 5:46 p.m. Thursday in the 5500 block of Cambridge Street.
According to police, while following a reckless driver traveling southbound on 55th Street, an officer hit a parked car at the 600 block of North 55th Street.
Police say the officer was injured and taken to the hospital. The officer is expected to be treated and released.
Two civilians suffered minor injuries and were also taken to the hospital to be treated.
SEPTA says Route 15 trolley service has been interrupted. Shuttle buses are operating between 41st Street and 63rd and Girard Avenue.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- North Philadelphia Team Gets a New Community Football Field
- Police: Juveniles Break Into Montgomery Co. Home, Bake Some Pot Brownies
- Pa. Top Cop Calls Federal Lawsuit Against State Police Department An ‘Insult’
- More Charges Filed Against Ironworkers Local 401
- Four Plead Guilty in ‘Preppie Main Line Drug Ring’ Case