PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Sixers will look to once again win another Summer League title and the journey begins on Wednesday night. The Sixers will face the Lakers in the first set of the single elimination games in the Samsung NBA Summer League.
Out of the 24 teams competing in Las Vegas, the Sixers are the #16 seed and will face the #17 seeded Lakers tonight at 10:30 p.m. If the Sixers manage to win they will take on the top seeded Chicago Bulls on Thursday.
The Sixers will be without the services of second round picks K.J. McDaniels and Jordan McRae. McDaniels has been plagued by a sprained ankle since the Orlando Pro Summer League. McDaniels, who went off for 21 points in the team’s last game, was taken out of the game following what appeared to be a lower leg injury.
No official word has been given on whether or not Nerlens Noel will take the court on Wednesday night. He sat out on Tuesday night for the Sixers as the team has monitored his play in back-to-back games.
UPDATE: Nerlens Noel will also be sitting out the Sixers game against the Lakers.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Former Phillies Pitcher, Kentucky Politician Jim Bunning Suffers Stroke
- Malcolm Jenkins Holding Third Annual Blitz, Bow Ties And Bourbon
- Philadelphia Eagles Week 7 Injury Report: Bennie Logan Questionable
- Sixers Release Medical Update: Simmons Recovering, Noel Needs Surgery
- Fantasy Football: Who To Start, Who To Sit For Week 7