PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Forbes Magazine ranked the Top 50 most valuable franchises in sports and two teams made the list representing Philadelphia. The Eagles and the Phillies both made the cut.
The Eagles made the list at #17. According to Forbes, the Birds are worth $1.314 billion. Forbes cited the Eagles new renovations at Lincoln Financial Field including the HD video boards, TV’s and newly added seats.
While the Eagles may be the favorite to win the division, Forbes sees the team as the least most valuable among their NFC East foes. The New York Giants came in at #10 with a value of $1.55 billion. The Redskins ranked at #9 with a value of $1.7 billion and the Cowboys took the top spot in the division ranking at #5 with a value of $2.3 billion.
The Cowboys were ranked as the most valuable team in football.
The Phillies came in at #39 on the list. Forbes pointed to the team’s television deal which kicks in in 2016 and is worth a reported $5 billion dollars. The magazine valued the Phillies at $975 million. The Phillies were the first team on the list to fall below the $1 billion mark.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Ben Simmons Is 2nd Player Ever With 10/5/5 In First 3 Games
- Eagles Injury Report: Lane Johnson and Mychal Kendricks Could Be Good To Go Vs. Washington
- Jon Gruden Cooks Up A Philly Cheesesteak
- The Emotional Story Of Carson Wentz And A Boy Who Lost His Battle With Cancer
- Justin Timberlake To Perform At Super Bowl After 14-Year Gap