PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Forbes Magazine ranked the Top 50 most valuable franchises in sports and two teams made the list representing Philadelphia. The Eagles and the Phillies both made the cut.
The Eagles made the list at #17. According to Forbes, the Birds are worth $1.314 billion. Forbes cited the Eagles new renovations at Lincoln Financial Field including the HD video boards, TV’s and newly added seats.
While the Eagles may be the favorite to win the division, Forbes sees the team as the least most valuable among their NFC East foes. The New York Giants came in at #10 with a value of $1.55 billion. The Redskins ranked at #9 with a value of $1.7 billion and the Cowboys took the top spot in the division ranking at #5 with a value of $2.3 billion.
The Cowboys were ranked as the most valuable team in football.
The Phillies came in at #39 on the list. Forbes pointed to the team’s television deal which kicks in in 2016 and is worth a reported $5 billion dollars. The magazine valued the Phillies at $975 million. The Phillies were the first team on the list to fall below the $1 billion mark.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Mike Lombardi ‘Admits He Was Wrong’ About Doug Pederson
- Police: Man Assaults Police Horse After Being Ejected From Eagles Game
- Odds Of Eagles Making It To The Super Bowl? Experts Weigh In
- Ticket Experts Say ‘Slim Availability’ For Eagles NFC Championship Game
- Post Snap With Malcolm Jenkins: ‘We’re The Most Complete Team’ Left