2 Shot Near Recreation Center In West Oak Lane
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Philadelphia police are investigating after a shooting near a West Oak Lane recreation center left two men injured.
Police say it happened shortly before 5 p.m. Wednesday on the grounds of Simons Recreation Center in the 1600 block of Walnut Lane.
According to police, an 18-year-old male was shot one time in the groin. He was taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center in critical condition.
A 19-year-old male was shot one time in the thigh. He was also taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center in stable condition.
Police are searching for two suspects.
So far, no word on any arrests or a motive.
You may also be interested in:
- Weather: Tracking Snow Totals
- Camden County Musters Some Work-Release Prisoners To Shovel Sidewalks of Eldery and Infirm
- In South Philadelphia, Neighbors Help Neighbors Deal With Late-Winter Snowfall
- Philadelphia Bars, Restaurants Offer Snow Day Specials
- Nutter’s Proposed Budget Gets Tepid Reception Among Philadelphia Lawmakers