2 Shot Near Recreation Center In West Oak Lane
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Philadelphia police are investigating after a shooting near a West Oak Lane recreation center left two men injured.
Police say it happened shortly before 5 p.m. Wednesday on the grounds of Simons Recreation Center in the 1600 block of Walnut Lane.
According to police, an 18-year-old male was shot one time in the groin. He was taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center in critical condition.
A 19-year-old male was shot one time in the thigh. He was also taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center in stable condition.
Police are searching for two suspects.
So far, no word on any arrests or a motive.
You may also be interested in:
- New Policy Sparks Harsh Criticism From Police Union
- Prison Ministry Brings Hope To Women In Local Correctional Facility
- Weather: EF-1 Tornado Confirmed In Chester County
- Police Investigate Reported Violent Sexual Assault In Kensington
- Demolition Underway On Several Dilapidated Motels Outside Atlantic City