PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Sixers dropped their second consecutive NBA Summer League game. The team fell 97-88 to the Phoenix Suns on Monday night. The team is now 1-2 in the Samsung NBA Summer League after winning the Orlando Pro Summer League title.
The Sixers were a bit shorthanded against the Suns. Nerlens Noel, K.J. McDaniels (ankle) and Casper Ware all sat the game out.
The Sixers were led by Jordan McRae who scored 21 points and knocked down three of four shots from long range. The second round pick out of Tennessee was forced to leave the game early with a left ankle sprain.
Adonis Thomas chipped in with 15 points and Jerami Grant registered nine points and seven rebounds off the bench.
The Suns were paced by rookie T.J. Warren who scored 28 points and snatched 11 rebounds. Former Temple Owl Dionte Christmas came off the bench for the Suns and tallied 15 points.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Former Villanova Star Raymond Ventrone Joins Frank Reich’s Staff In Indy
- Report: Alshon Jeffery Played Through Torn Rotator Cuff All Season
- Eagles File To Trademark Phrase ‘Philly Special’
- Voracek’s 2 Late Goals Rally Flyers Past Canadiens In OT
- Seeking Change: Rule Keeps Student Off The Court For Not Removing Hijab