PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Sixers dropped their second consecutive NBA Summer League game. The team fell 97-88 to the Phoenix Suns on Monday night. The team is now 1-2 in the Samsung NBA Summer League after winning the Orlando Pro Summer League title.
The Sixers were a bit shorthanded against the Suns. Nerlens Noel, K.J. McDaniels (ankle) and Casper Ware all sat the game out.
The Sixers were led by Jordan McRae who scored 21 points and knocked down three of four shots from long range. The second round pick out of Tennessee was forced to leave the game early with a left ankle sprain.
Adonis Thomas chipped in with 15 points and Jerami Grant registered nine points and seven rebounds off the bench.
The Suns were paced by rookie T.J. Warren who scored 28 points and snatched 11 rebounds. Former Temple Owl Dionte Christmas came off the bench for the Suns and tallied 15 points.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Raffl Scores Late, Flyers Beat Oilers For 7th Straight Win
- Preview: Joel Embiid Vs. Anthony Davis
- Brandon Brooks Ranked Among NFL’s Top 25 O-Lineman
- NFL Picks Week 14: Giants End Cowboys’ Streak And Chiefs Seize Control Of AFC West
- Esiason: Wentz Just ‘Going Through Natural Progression’ Of Learning NFL QB