PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Sixers rookie Joel Embiid has reportedly inked a shoe deal with Adidas. Embiid is not expected to be ready to take the court for the Sixers right away, but when he does he will do so with a pair of Adidas sneakers on his feet.
Adidas is having quite the haul when it comes to the 2014 NBA Draft class. The company has already inked deals with Andrew Wiggins and Dante Exum. The company has also reportedly landed Boston Celtics rookie Marcus Smart. Adidas missed out on locking up the top three picks of the draft, missing out on 2nd overall pick Jabari Parker who signed with Jordan.
Exact terms of the deal have not been released, but the deal is believed to be a multi-year deal.
Embiid and Adidas announce the deal is official.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Keidel: Why Not A Mayweather-McGregor Fight?
- 5 Phillies Players To Watch This Spring Training
- Jameis Winston Tells Elementary Students ‘Ladies Are Supposed To Be Silent… Men Are Supposed To Be Strong’
- Colangelo: Ben Simmons Will Sit Out The Rest Of The Year
- Philly Soccer Show: Former National Team Defender Onyewu Returns To USA