Ice Cream Drumstick Leads To Arrest Of Hungry Burglar In Delaware
By Chelsea Karnash
LEWES, Del. (CBS) – A Delaware man might have stole a flat screen television and other tech items, but it was an ice cream cone that got him arrested.
According to police in Lewes, troopers responded to the Taramino Place Apartments around 10:50 p.m. on Monday, July 14th after an alarm was set off by a break in.
Upon the arrival of police, 47-year-old Richard M. Walls, of Rehoboth Beach, was seen entering his black Pontiac Sunfire parked in a dark corner of the parking lot behind the apartment complex.
As the suspect began to back out of his parking spot, officers made contact with him and saw a flat screen TV, a cable box and controllers in the passenger’s seat.
But it was the “frozen vanilla fudge drumstick ice cream treat,” police say, which caught their eye.
After talking with the victim of one of the break-ins, police confirmed that ice cream cone had been stolen from the freezer of his home along with the TV and cable box.
Numerous other apartments were also reportedly damaged by pry marks to the rear doors, but entry was not made.
Walls was taken into custody and transported to the police station, where he was arrested for Burglary 2nd, four counts of Attempted Burglary 2nd, Possession of Burglary Tools, Theft under $1,500.00, and five counts of Criminal Mischief.
There’s no word on what happened to the ice cream.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Woman From Sudan Who Faced Death Over Faith Scheduled To Arrive In Philadelphia
- Police: Juveniles Break Into Montgomery Co. Home, Bake Some Pot Brownies
- 5-Year-Old Boy From Pa. Creates And Designs His Own App
- And The 2014 Unhealthiest Restaurant Items In America Are…
- Kevin Sabett: ‘It’s Ironic That We’re Pushing Against Smoking So Hard, Yet We’re Ready To Give Marijuana A Free Pass’