PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Sixers second Summer League team of the summer is set to take on the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday night at 8 p.m. The Las Vegas edition of the Sixers summer league squad started right where the other left off by winning their first game on Saturday night against the Jazz.
The team squeaked out a four-point win against the Jazz without the services of Nerlens Noel and K.J. McDaniels. Noel sat out due to rest after traveling from Orlando to Vegas and McDaniels was out and nursing an ankle injury that he suffered in Orlando.
Against the Jazz, the Sixers were paced by Sean Kilpatrick and Jordan McRae who each scored 20 points.
Both Noel and McDaniels are expected to play on Monday night. McDaniels, who is known as a strong defensive wing, will get a good test going up against the first-overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft, Andrew Wiggins.
Noel averaged 13.7 points, 5.7 rebounds and three blocks per game in Orlando. McDaniels dropped 10 points per game and registered one block per contest.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Philadelphia Grassroots Effort To Boycott NFL, Plan To Take It National
- Albright President Offers To Reinstate 3 Football Players Dismissed For Violating Team’s Show Of Unity
- ‘Turn Off The NFL’: Activists Call For Boycott Of Sunday’s Games After Kaepernick Files Grievance Against League
- 2017-18 NBA Season Preview – Eastern Conference
- Keidel: Packers Can’t Overcome Aaron Rodgers Injury