PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Michael Barkann and Ike Reese decided to rank the NFC East position-by-position this week on the 94WIP Mike & Ike Show. At running back, the Eagles added the shifty, multi-faceted Darren Sproles in the off-season to form a deadly combination with the defending rushing champ, in LeSean McCoy. At linebacker, the Eagles add first-round pick Marcus Smith with 2013 starters Mychal Kendricks, Connor Barwin, and Trent Cole.
The Redskins and Cowboys feature Alfred Morris and DeMarco Murray at running back, respectively. The Giants have undefined roles in their backfield heading into 2014, but they did add Rashad Jennings in the offseason.
At linebacker, the Cowboys Sean Lee tore his ACL in the offseason and will miss the 2014 season. Giants linebacker, Jon Beason, suffered a ligament tear and a small fracture in his right foot in June, but hopes to be ready for week 1.
Unsurprisingly, Barkann and Reese say the Eagles are strongest among NFC East teams at running back and linebacker.
Mike & Ike ranked the NFC East coaches, which will be posted on Sunday.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Rupp Says He’s OK Day After Being Hit In Head By Pitch
- Glasnow Exits Early, But Pirates Rally To Beat Phillies 7-4
- Zach Eflin Tosses Complete Game Shut Out, Phils Top Pirates 4-0
- Fantasy Football 2016: Top 10 Running Backs
- Le’Veon Bell To Miss Game Vs. Eagles, If Suspension Holds