Sixers Win Orlando Pro Summer League Title
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Sixers may have been overshadowed by some other big basketball news today, but the team managed to overcome injury to win a title.
The Sixers defeated the Memphis Grizzlies 91-75 to win the Orlando Pro Summer League championship. The team decided to rest Nerlens Noel and was forced to sit K.J. McDaniels due to an ankle injury.
Even with both players sidelined, the Sixers pulled off the decisive win as they closed a third quarter deficit to pull out a decisive win.
The Sixers were led by Hollis Thompson who scored 21 points in the contest. Casper Ware also made a strong contribution adding 19 points.
The Sixers were now be represented in Las Vegas at the Samsung Summer League. The team’s first game will be Saturday night against the Utah Jazz.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Philly Soccer Show: Playoffs Slipping Away For Union As US Open Cup Nears
- CBS To Stream Some NFL Regular Season Games For First Time
- Andre Berto: My Life As The Guy That’s Going To Beat Floyd Mayweather
- Ex-Eagle Jeremy Bloom: Mike Tomlin Built Winning Culture, Andy Reid Did Not
- 5 Things About Penn State Vs. Temple