PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Sixers may have been overshadowed by some other big basketball news today, but the team managed to overcome injury to win a title.
The Sixers defeated the Memphis Grizzlies 91-75 to win the Orlando Pro Summer League championship. The team decided to rest Nerlens Noel and was forced to sit K.J. McDaniels due to an ankle injury.
Even with both players sidelined, the Sixers pulled off the decisive win as they closed a third quarter deficit to pull out a decisive win.
The Sixers were led by Hollis Thompson who scored 21 points in the contest. Casper Ware also made a strong contribution adding 19 points.
The Sixers were now be represented in Las Vegas at the Samsung Summer League. The team’s first game will be Saturday night against the Utah Jazz.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Malcolm Jenkins Holding Third Annual Blitz, Bow Ties And Bourbon
- Philadelphia Eagles Week 7 Injury Report: Bennie Logan Questionable
- Sixers Release Medical Update: Simmons Recovering, Noel Needs Surgery
- Fantasy Football: Who To Start, Who To Sit For Week 7
- High School Top 10: Imhotep Charter May Be The Best Team In PA