PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Sixers may have been overshadowed by some other big basketball news today, but the team managed to overcome injury to win a title.
The Sixers defeated the Memphis Grizzlies 91-75 to win the Orlando Pro Summer League championship. The team decided to rest Nerlens Noel and was forced to sit K.J. McDaniels due to an ankle injury.
Even with both players sidelined, the Sixers pulled off the decisive win as they closed a third quarter deficit to pull out a decisive win.
The Sixers were led by Hollis Thompson who scored 21 points in the contest. Casper Ware also made a strong contribution adding 19 points.
The Sixers were now be represented in Las Vegas at the Samsung Summer League. The team’s first game will be Saturday night against the Utah Jazz.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- WATCH: Duke Fans Create PSA To Save Jahlil Okafor From Sixers
- Eagles Quarterback Situation Remains Cloudy
- Lane Johnson Says He ‘Really Doesn’t Know’ If Chip Kelly Will Return To Eagles
- Adam Schefter: ‘Signs Seem To Be Piling Up Against’ Chip Kelly Returning To Eagles
- Lane Johnson: Playing At Linc ‘Is Not Really A Home Field Advantage Anymore’