PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Sixers and Rockets have reportedly agreed on a deal that will send Jeremy Lin, a first-round pick, and likely another piece to the Sixers for simply taking Lin’s $14.89 million salary and $8.37 million cap hit, according to Liberty Ballers. The deal, however, is contingent upon some big name NBA players falling in place.
The NBA free agency market continues to be a fluid situation, with all eyes on LeBron James. James met with Miami yesterday, but has not made a decision yet and will now reportedly talk over his options with his family. It has been reported that forward Chris Bosh will sign a massive deal with the Houston Rockets, if James leaves Miami. This is where the Sixers come in.
According to Jake Pavorsky of Liberty Ballers, the Sixers and Rockets deal for Jeremy Lin is dependent upon Houston signing a max player.
Contrarily, CSNPhilly.com’s Dei Lynam is reporting Lin may be too expensive for the Sixers.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Giants Fans Clamor For Saquon Barkley, Show Love For Penn State Running Back In Parody Video
- Birds Play-By-Play Legend Merrill Reese All Smiles At Eagles Super Bowl Ring Sizing Day
- Altherr Goes Deep To Back Arrieta, Phils Beat D’Backs 5-3
- Media Day For 21st Annual Home Runs For Heart
- Avila Leads Diamondbacks In 8-4 Win Over Phillies