Police: Woman Found Tied Up, Injured After Barricade Situation In Germantown
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police responding to a barricade situation found a woman tied up and injured inside of an apartment in Germantown Wednesday night.
Police responded to the unit block of West Queen Lane. A barricade was declared at 6:51 p.m. and a staging area was set up at Green Street and Queen Lane.
Police arrested a 40-year-old man shortly before 7 p.m. without incident.
Police say a woman was found tied up in a bathroom suffering from injuries consistent with a sexual assault. She was taken to the hospital.
“Preliminary information reveals that these two did know each other. They did have a romantic relationship in the past. However we’re getting information that the female was trying to end the relationship,” said Chief Inspector Scott Small of Philadelphia Police.
The incident remains under investigation.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Neighbors Mourn Caseworker Killed In Medical Facility Shooting In Delaware County
- Caseworker, Doctor ID’d In Deadly Medical Facility Shooting In Delaware County
- First Flight Departs Phila. International For Tel Aviv After FAA Lifts Ban
- Local Family Seeks Shutdown Of NJ Beach Where Man Drowned
- Crews Respond To 2-Vehicle Crash In Chalfont