PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police responding to a barricade situation found a woman tied up and injured inside of an apartment in Germantown Wednesday night.
Police responded to the unit block of West Queen Lane. A barricade was declared at 6:51 p.m. and a staging area was set up at Green Street and Queen Lane.
Police arrested a 40-year-old man shortly before 7 p.m. without incident.
Police say a woman was found tied up in a bathroom suffering from injuries consistent with a sexual assault. She was taken to the hospital.
“Preliminary information reveals that these two did know each other. They did have a romantic relationship in the past. However we’re getting information that the female was trying to end the relationship,” said Chief Inspector Scott Small of Philadelphia Police.
The incident remains under investigation.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Johnson & Johnson Ordered To Pay $417 Million In Talcum Powder Case
- President Trump To Announce New Afghanistan Strategy
- New Yorker Chosen To Lead Philadelphia Police Advisory Commission
- Police: Victim Attacked By Machete-Wielding Man In Camden County
- Eclipse 2017: Signs of Potential Eye Damage