PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police responding to a barricade situation found a woman tied up and injured inside of an apartment in Germantown Wednesday night.
Police responded to the unit block of West Queen Lane. A barricade was declared at 6:51 p.m. and a staging area was set up at Green Street and Queen Lane.
Police arrested a 40-year-old man shortly before 7 p.m. without incident.
Police say a woman was found tied up in a bathroom suffering from injuries consistent with a sexual assault. She was taken to the hospital.
“Preliminary information reveals that these two did know each other. They did have a romantic relationship in the past. However we’re getting information that the female was trying to end the relationship,” said Chief Inspector Scott Small of Philadelphia Police.
The incident remains under investigation.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- How Volunteers Are Coming Together To Make The Schuylkill River Trail Safer
- People Come Together In Solebury To Identify Stolen Jewelry
- Chester County Ranked The 4th Happiest County In America
- Annual Nationwide Challenge Raises Awareness About Hearing Loss
- Solar-Powered Airplane Lands In Allentown