MIDDLE Twp., N.J., (CBS) – Police say an 11-year-old child died in a single-car crash on State Highway 47 Wednesday morning.
Middle Township Police were dispatched at 6:56 a.m. to the accident in the Goshen section of the township.
According to police, the preliminary investigation indicates a White Ford F150, driven by a 40-year-old woman of Villas, was traveling north on State Highway 47 when the vehicle left the travel lane and struck a utility pole and a tree.
Police say an 11-year-old passenger was ejected from the vehicle and suffered fatal injuries.
The driver was taken to Cape Regional Medical Center for treatment.
Goshen Fire Company, Court House Fire Company, Green Creek Fire Company, Middle EMS,
Middle Township Ambulance Corp, and Atlanticare Medics also responded to the scene.
The crash is still under investigation by the Middle Township Fatal Crash Team and the Cape May County Prosecutor’s Office.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- It’s Game Day: Fans Ready For Eagles To Punch Ticket To Super Bowl
- Accident Shuts Down I-95 Near Broad Street
- 5th District Police Release Bar Restrictions For Sunday’s NFC Championship Game
- Police: Man Dies After Being Shot 7 Times In North Philadelphia
- Swanky Philadelphia Event Bleeds Green This Year