HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Jerry Sandusky’s adult son is speaking out about what he says was sexual abuse by his father.
The Oprah Winfrey Network announced Tuesday that Winfrey’s interview with Matt Sandusky will be broadcast on July 17.
The network says Matt Sandusky describes grooming, methodical control and manipulation by his father.
He’s one of six children Jerry and Dottie Sandusky adopted.
Matt Sandusky settled a civil claim against Penn State. His allegations weren’t part of the criminal case that ended two years ago with a 45-count conviction for Jerry Sandusky, who is serving a lengthy prison sentence.
At the time of the trial, Matt Sandusky claimed the abuse started when he was 8 years old. He recalled in a police interview that he would pretend to be asleep to avoid being touched.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Stuffed Toys Leak Millions Of Voice Recordings From Kids And Parents
- 4-Mile Ice Jam Causes River To Flood In New Hampshire
- Sleeping In Doubles Risk Of Dementia, Study Suggests
- SpaceX To Fly Two Space Tourists Around The Moon In 2018
- Remember The First Phone You Owned? The Nokia 3310 Is Back