HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Jerry Sandusky’s adult son is speaking out about what he says was sexual abuse by his father.
The Oprah Winfrey Network announced Tuesday that Winfrey’s interview with Matt Sandusky will be broadcast on July 17.
The network says Matt Sandusky describes grooming, methodical control and manipulation by his father.
He’s one of six children Jerry and Dottie Sandusky adopted.
Matt Sandusky settled a civil claim against Penn State. His allegations weren’t part of the criminal case that ended two years ago with a 45-count conviction for Jerry Sandusky, who is serving a lengthy prison sentence.
At the time of the trial, Matt Sandusky claimed the abuse started when he was 8 years old. He recalled in a police interview that he would pretend to be asleep to avoid being touched.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Study: BMI Not Accurate When Measuring Health Status
- Hungry Sea Lion Pup Makes Her Way Into Fancy Restaurant
- Dorney Park Offers To Rehire Special Needs Man After Social Media Wrath
- Do RomComs Make Women More Likely To Tolerate Stalking?
- Study: Earth Is Actually Two Planets