HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Jerry Sandusky’s adult son is speaking out about what he says was sexual abuse by his father.
The Oprah Winfrey Network announced Tuesday that Winfrey’s interview with Matt Sandusky will be broadcast on July 17.
The network says Matt Sandusky describes grooming, methodical control and manipulation by his father.
He’s one of six children Jerry and Dottie Sandusky adopted.
Matt Sandusky settled a civil claim against Penn State. His allegations weren’t part of the criminal case that ended two years ago with a 45-count conviction for Jerry Sandusky, who is serving a lengthy prison sentence.
At the time of the trial, Matt Sandusky claimed the abuse started when he was 8 years old. He recalled in a police interview that he would pretend to be asleep to avoid being touched.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Thousands Enjoy Magical Day At Chestnut Hill’s Harry Potter Festival
- Designer Uses Fungus To Make Furniture
- Ines Rau First Transgender Playboy Playmate Centerfold
- Laptops Could Be Banned From Checked Bags On Planes Due To Fire Risk
- Twitter User Discovers KFC Account Follows 11 Herbs And Spices