Home Run Derby Lineups And New Format
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The 2014 Major League Baseball Home Run Derby will take place on Monday, July 14th at Target Field in Minnesota. A new format this year gives each hitter a maximum of seven outs per round and bracketed play after the first round. The top three players from each league after the first round will advance, with the leader getting a bye to the third round while the second and third place finishers go head-to-head in the second round.
Jose Bautista and Troy Tulowitzki have announced most of their respective lineups, with the fifth and final player of each team to be announced Thursday.
Jose Bautista – TOR
Yoenis Cespedes (defending champ) – OAK
Adam Jones – BAL
Brian Dozier – MIN
Troy Tulowitzki – COL
Giancarlo Stanton – MIA
Yasiel Puig – LAD
Todd Frazier – CIN
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Phillies Lose Series Opener To A’s 3-1
- Phillies Minor Leaguer Suspended 50 Games
- Report: Ravens Knew Details Of Rice Video In February
- 5 Other Lopsided NFL Games (To Make The Buccaneers Feel Better)
- TTYM: Goodell Is Goofed, Harden Can’t Dance And New Lingerie Leaguers?