PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The rumors have been swirling about several members of the Phillies potentially being dealt before the MLB Trade Deadline. One player who stands to earn the Phillies the most in return is their ace, Cole Hamels. Jon Morosi of Fox Sports has unveiled a list of what he reports to be the teams that Hamels can be dealt to without his approval.
Hamels’ contract allows him to refuse a trade to a certain number of teams but the teams listed by Morosi are the ones the Phillies can directly negotiate with without Hamels’ consent.
The Dodgers, Angels and Padres all make sense considering that Hamels is from California. The Dodgers are in a tight race in the NL West, but already boast a solid pitching staff led by Clayton Kershaw. The Angels could use Hamels’ services as they chase Oakland in the AL West and the Padres are Hamels’ hometown team.
St. Louis and the Yankees have also been linked to Hamels in reports. The Cardinals are chasing the Brewers in the NL Central and can more than likely put together an enticing package for Hamels, while the Yankees could afford the salary, but are not believed the have the high caliber of prospects needed to get the deal done.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Covington, Saric Lead Sixers To 120-112 Win Over Wizards
- Keidel: Why Not A Mayweather-McGregor Fight?
- 5 Phillies Players To Watch This Spring Training
- Jameis Winston Tells Elementary Students ‘Ladies Are Supposed To Be Silent… Men Are Supposed To Be Strong’
- Colangelo: Ben Simmons Will Sit Out The Rest Of The Year