Cole Hamels Trade List Leaked
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The rumors have been swirling about several members of the Phillies potentially being dealt before the MLB Trade Deadline. One player who stands to earn the Phillies the most in return is their ace, Cole Hamels. Jon Morosi of Fox Sports has unveiled a list of what he reports to be the teams that Hamels can be dealt to without his approval.
Hamels’ contract allows him to refuse a trade to a certain number of teams but the teams listed by Morosi are the ones the Phillies can directly negotiate with without Hamels’ consent.
The Dodgers, Angels and Padres all make sense considering that Hamels is from California. The Dodgers are in a tight race in the NL West, but already boast a solid pitching staff led by Clayton Kershaw. The Angels could use Hamels’ services as they chase Oakland in the AL West and the Padres are Hamels’ hometown team.
St. Louis and the Yankees have also been linked to Hamels in reports. The Cardinals are chasing the Brewers in the NL Central and can more than likely put together an enticing package for Hamels, while the Yankees could afford the salary, but are not believed the have the high caliber of prospects needed to get the deal done.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- 76ers Host Thad Young And The Timberwolves Tonight
- Philly Soccer Show: Union Rookie Wants To Play As Team Prepares For 2015 Campaign
- Pat Bertoletti Upsets Molly Schuyler To Win Wing Bowl 23
- Mick Foley On Being Ejected: ‘Didn’t Want Throwing Up To Be My Legacy’
- Wing Bowl Exclusive: Cataldi Releases Never Before Seen Footage Of Christie Falling In-Studio