PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — There’s no sleeping baseball! Well, a Yankee fan who fell asleep during an April 13th game between the Red Sox and Yankees is suing.
Andrew Rector has filed a $10 million defamation suit against the team, the network, and ESPN commentators Dan Shulman and John Kruk. Rector says the ESPN broadcast team tormented him with an “avalanche of disparaging words” for sleeping during the game.
Rector claims to have suffered substantial injury to his character and reputation. However, the audio of the incident does not include words Rector used in the suit to describe what Shulman and Kruk said about him, like “fatty” and “stupid.”
ESPN and Major League Baseball have yet to comment. You can watch and listen to the incident below:
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Franchise Record 5 IronPigs Reach Triple-A All-Star Game
- Top 10 Philly Athletes Age 25 Or Younger
- Phillies Try Toasted Grasshoppers In Seattle
- Phillies Rally With 2 Runs In 9th To Stun Mariners 5-4
- Temple Football Team Holds ‘Rocky’ Workout