PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — There’s no sleeping baseball! Well, a Yankee fan who fell asleep during an April 13th game between the Red Sox and Yankees is suing.
Andrew Rector has filed a $10 million defamation suit against the team, the network, and ESPN commentators Dan Shulman and John Kruk. Rector says the ESPN broadcast team tormented him with an “avalanche of disparaging words” for sleeping during the game.
Rector claims to have suffered substantial injury to his character and reputation. However, the audio of the incident does not include words Rector used in the suit to describe what Shulman and Kruk said about him, like “fatty” and “stupid.”
ESPN and Major League Baseball have yet to comment. You can watch and listen to the incident below:
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- After Sweet Victory, Nova Nation Is Feeling Elite
- 3 Cheers: The Fairy Godmother Of Cinderella Team Loyola University Chicago Ramblers
- Villanova Beats West Virginia 90-78 To Reach Elite Eight
- Santoliquito: Mike Wallace Joined The Eagles To Win A Super Bowl
- Santoliquito: Will Michael Bennett Break Up The Eagles’ Harmonious Locker Room?