SEAFORD, Del., (CBS) – Police are investigating a three-vehicle crash that sent three people to the hospital in Seaford, Delaware.
Delaware State Police say it happened shortly before 2 p.m. Tuesday as a 50-year-old driver was operating a Pontiac Grand AM northbound on Sussex Highway (US13) in the right lane approaching Concord Road (SR20).
A 2007 Dodge 2500 Sprinter van was stopped for a red light behind a 2013 Dodge Ram pickup truck in the right lane of US13 northbound when for unknown reasons, police say the Pontiac failed to stop in time and struck the rear of the van, forcing the car to under ride the van and push it into the rear of the pickup truck.
The driver of the Pontiac Grand AM and her two passengers, one adult and one teenager, were all properly restrained and taken to Nanticoke Memorial Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police say the driver was cited for Inattentive Driving, Driving While Suspended and Revoked, No Proof of Insurance, and No Registration in Possession.
The driver of the Sprinter van and the driver of the Dodge Ram pickup were not injured in the collision.
Police say the crash impacted already jammed traffic due to a gas leak in Seaford and was cleared within two hours.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Person Struck, Killed While Crawling Across Street In Northeast Philly
- Two Storms To Watch, Then An Arctic Blast!
- Coldplay, Bruno Mars & Beyonce Rock The Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show
- Lady Gaga Offers Her Rendition Of The Star Spangled Banner At Super Bowl 50
- Denver Broncos Kicker A Montco Native, Temple Owl, SB Champion